Weddings Meeting The Prospective Client

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
You would be wrong.

Do we get the $1500 clients? No, but that is also not the market we are after.

For our price point, we are able to bring in plenty of business that we do not need to waste our time or the clients on pointless face to face meetings.

Just yesterday, I had 4 "meetings" in the matter of about 40 minutes. 2 on the phone, and two through facebook chat. All questions and concerns were taken care of in that time without having to take up unneeded client time.

There's just something about this that loses it's personal and professional touch.

There's just something about this that loses it's personal and professional touch.
I think you may simply be noticing a complete lack of any personal touch.

Professional is such a subjective word that it typically defies peaceful discussion.

I think I can safely assume that you (Rox) and a few others and I are on the same page of 'professional'.

Ah here we go again with the "you have to do it this way to be professional" thing.

My goal is to make the client feel as at ease and comfortable as possible, not to jam some preconcieved notion of what a "professional" is down their throat. The clients we book are HAPPY we don't force them to meet face to face. If you don't believe me, I would be more than happy to show you emails of them complaining about other companies in the area who would only send them a contract after a face to face meeting.

Let me ask all you "professionals" this: have you ever been willing to meet with a client at 2 in the morning? Or how about 6 in the morning? Or how about 11 at night? No? Wow, what unprofessional customer service you have for not meeting the client's needs.

I have done all the above because those were the only times the client was able to talk because of their job schedules.

Our reviews, our referrals and our vendor referrals really show how unprofessional we must be. I guess I should go back and talk to all our happy clients and apologize for what an unprofessional service we run.

Patrick - be honest. This isn't about making the client feel at ease and as comfortable as possible.....if so you would be willing to meet them if they requested it.

Plain and simple; YOU don't want to meet them....

Folks, that isn't less "professionnal" than anyone else....just the way this business operates; no different than the way Patrickj prices; I'm sure that irks some of you as well....

Deal with it!

Ah here we go again with the "you have to do it this way to be professional" thing.
Correction: Here we go again with the
patrickrlewis said:
"we do not need to waste our time or the clients on pointless face to face meetings," and "To me this is just another one of those scare tactics used to get people to pay more."

Pat,

Please tell me you do not live in a glass house.

I never said you have to do it this way to be a professional. From the Wedding side of the house, I don't know many clients that would feel comfortable NOT having a face to face. The whole point of the face to face is to meet you, talk to you, see if your personality is something the client wants. Unfortunately, all the reviews in the world don't show these.

My goal is to make the client feel as at ease and comfortable as possible, not to jam some preconcieved notion of what a "professional" is down their throat. The clients we book are HAPPY we don't force them to meet face to face. If you don't believe me, I would be more than happy to show you emails of them complaining about other companies in the area who would only send them a contract after a face to face meeting.

I believe whatever the client wants would make them feel at ease and comfortable as possible. So I'm sure your reply to people wanting to meet does not fill that need.

Let me ask all you "professionals" this: have you ever been willing to meet with a client at 2 in the morning? Or how about 6 in the morning? Or how about 11 at night? No? Wow, what unprofessional customer service you have for not meeting the client's needs.

I have met my clients at their request - at some hours that I typically would not have - usually it's not 6am or 11pm - usually it's some mutually agreed upon time where those clients try to work with me for a face to face.

I have done all the above because those were the only times the client was able to talk because of their job schedules.

All meetings I have had can and do work around their schedules - regardless of work schedules.

Our reviews, our referrals and our vendor referrals really show how unprofessional we must be. I guess I should go back and talk to all our happy clients and apologize for what an unprofessional service we run.

Reviews show what the people thought of your show and hopefully show how professional you can be.

I don't think this is any different for any other vendor. Would you pick a cake for your wedding over facebook chat?

Leave Patrick Alone

Just recently Patrick was busy as a bee. We were all giving him a hard time, myself included, about his setup, his dress and lack of facade.

All this time the man was busy doing gigs while many were watching dust accumulate on their gear. He makes no excuses for how he does what he does. You have to give him credit that he has taken a lot of the advice given. Hell, even he is beginning to spread his speakers.

The man is comfortable with certain clients and they are with him. While all this is going on he is depositing checks in the bank. Can we all say the same? His demeanor, his gear and his prices all go hand in hand. So whats the problem? He owns and runs his own business. He is making money and that is ALL that matters. Go Patrick! Do your thing man laugh all the way to the Bank!
Next time you do a gig, instead of showing pics of the event, just show them pics of the "Greenbacks" :trirolleyes:

He owns and runs his own business.

Agreed - we all run our business the way we run them and however it works, it works.

:tribiggrin:

We need a dollar icon with a smiley face.

He is making money and that is ALL that matters.

Can I question this? Not that he is making money but that is ALL that matters.

Just recently Patrick was busy as a bee. We were all giving him a hard time, myself included, about his setup, his dress and lack of facade.

I haven't seen his setup - but I'm sure he's good for his venue - considering he is booking shows. My questions and comments were directly related to the comments about meeting your wedding clients and not so much the performance.

I will meet and have met clients in person, however I usually book 75% of my jobs by phone, email etc, we use gigmasters a lot with success.

Most of our shows are probably booked via phone or email too. We were talking specifically about Weddings.

The operative phrase is, "According to Patrick."

Not even Patrick can be completely sure of that claim.

Well he sure as hell ain't asking for anyone's help. He found a niche and is using it! As long as he does not paint himself in a corner with terms on a contract he should be ok. Nobody is out to cut off his pee pee! :sqlaugh:

Man this thread needs an enema. So I brought one for it. ) I guess I'm a pretty relaxed guy but it also shows in how I do things. If they are late by like 15 minutes I call and ask if everything is ok. If it is then ok see you when you get here. I'm pretty much a Starbucks guy. Give them some coffee have a few laughs. Learn a little bit about them and cover my bases and my ass. Then please sign here. )

Attachments

• 41cXb+d49yL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41cXb+d49yL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 17