Weddings Mission: Impossible Garter Toss

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Your mission, knowing that you will accept, is to risk life and limb, and the possibility of losing your head. Not only must you conquer the clenches of biological barriers, you must endure the dangers of cavernous territory to retrieve a highly sensitive piece of fabric known only as the Garter Belt. You may use only your teeth to extricate this danger from the thigh of society. Beware of deep, mysterious underworlds, and avoid setting off the Mother-In-Law Alarm, then toss it to the awaiting group of unsuspecting and un-prepared cute guys behind you.

Ok so with Fuzzy's addition here's a generic version that wouldn't require names....

Your mission should you choose to accept: Will be to infiltrate risque' territory and retrieve a highly sensitive piece of gear known only as the Garter Belt. You may only use your teeth to remove it from the leg of your spouse, or risk setting off the Mother-In-Law Alarm, then toss it to the awaiting group of young men behind you.

This recording will self destruct in 5… 4… 3… 2… 1…

I would swap out to "Father-In-Law Alarm." That's kind of the age-old long-standing joke - that the awkward jr high/high-school kid/boyfriend is always walking on edge shells afraid of the dad.... Something about Mary, Meet the Falkers, etc.

Here goes...

Your mission should you choose to accept, is to risk life and limb, and the possibility of losing your head. Not only must you conquer risque' terretory, you must face the danger of possibly loosing your head to retrieve a highly sensitive piece of fabric known only as the Garter Belt. You may use only your teeth to extricate this danger from the thigh of society. Beware of deep, mysterious underworlds, and avoid setting off the Father-In-Law Alarm or risk certain death, then toss it to the awaiting group of unsuspecting and un-prepared single guys behind you.

This message will self distruct in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1

Sorry DJ Fuzzy but the last part was just to gay even for me... LOL

Ok so here's a rough audio draft of what I'm trying to achieve with a little added tape hiss to the begining and voiceover portions.... this really is a zip files so you will need to uncompress it to play the mp3...

I may be too critical of myself but I've never liked listening to my voice on recordings.... also you may need to turn speakers down...

Attachments

• Mission Impossible.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 16
  • Mission Impossible.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
  • Mission Impossible.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
  • Mission Impossible.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
One thought. You called it a garter belt. If he's going up after the "garter belt" I want to see that. The garter belt goes around her waist and holds up her ever so sheer silk white stockings. The garter belt would rest just about at her matching panties that have been perfectly chosen for the honeymoon night. They maybe pink or sometime matching white but accents the rest of the lingerie which was more than likely purchased from Victoria's .......Ooops, getting carried away again, sorry.:sqwink:

One thought. You called it a garter belt. If he's going up after the "garter belt" I want to see that. The garter belt goes around her waist and holds up her ever so sheer silk white stockings. The garter belt would rest just about her matching panties that have been perfectly chosen for the honeymoon night. They maybe pink or sometime matching white but accents the rest of the lingerie which was more than likely purchased from Victoria's .......Ooops, getting carried away again, sorry.:sqwink:

Not being an expert on womens under garments what else would the belt that goes on the thigh to cover the clips holding the stockings up?

So you're saying I might want to re-phrase that to just say "Garter"
Call it anything you wish, I just said if he's going after the gart belt I wanna see that.:sqbiggrin:

If a guy knows what a garter belt is, he just might come out with it.:sqwink:

you may want to hear this and see if you can make something to add...

see attached

just remember when you download this remove the .ZIP and leave the rest as is .mp3

as its a mp3 file

Ok so here's a rough audio draft of what I'm trying to achieve with a little added tape hiss to the begining and voiceover portions.... this really is a zip files so you will need to uncompress it to play the mp3...

I may be too critical of myself but I've never liked listening to my voice on recordings.... also you may need to turn speakers down...

while you are at it, you may want to see if you can make the mission impossible track double the size and have it at a low volume while you speak so they hear the soundtrack

if you want me too all I need is just the Audio voice as a single track no music and the music track I have here to do the editing

ask Jon Tuck how good I can do these :)

Attachments

• (Effects) - Mission Impossible Faulty Tape.mp3.zip
    497.8 KB · Views: 7
    497.8 KB · Views: 6
    497.8 KB · Views: 10
    497.8 KB · Views: 15
you may want to hear this and see if you can make something to add...

see attached

just remember when you download this remove the .ZIP and leave the rest as is .mp3

as its a mp3 file

while you are at it, you may want to see if you can make the mission impossible track double the size and have it at a low volume while you speak so they hear the soundtrack

if you want me too all I need is just the Audio voice as a single track no music and the music track I have here to do the editing

ask Jon Tuck how good I can do these :)

That's an awesome offer. I will package up the voice over, edited track and effects that I have so far. Do ya want me to post it here?

you can do that, or where I can download them...

I always use the MI theme when the garter is being put on!
but I love your idea better!
maybe you should work the countdown into when to THROW the garter
as you would normally count that down anyway.
have the pre-removal version
(with an eq filter would be nice)
and the second half can include...
THIS GARTER WILL BE THROWN IN 5 SECONDS. GOOD LUCK JIM!
a pair of sunglasses the groom can wear (and keep) would be cool

I would also suggest playing the bit thru your system before the crowd arrives.
sometimes "spoken word" audio doesn't come thru as well as a song

Dennis: Here is my version of the voice over... I can't seem to overcome some sort of input noise since I am using the Line-in on my sound card since I don't have a professional recording system... I hope it's imperfections will work for us.

I've ziped it up so it will need to be uncompressed.

Bear in mind that the idea is to have the Mission Impossible theme playing while he is actually in the process of removing the garter. So maybe some basic dramatic music of inpending doom could be played for the voice over with the Mission Imposible theme taking over just as the count down begins.

Attachments

• Mission Impossible Sounds.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
.. so all I really need now is the voice over.... the reason I'm thinking someone elses voice should be used is because I want to play it up as a message comming from the Agency over my sound system....

If there are any takers PM me and I'll provide the rest of the information and even the edit music I made for it.

BTW did I say this wedding is May 23rd?

Rob, just use Cool Edit (or similar) to alter your voice and mix paste it in over the soundtrack.