Moisture problem

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJKLEEN

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 31, 2016
Lafayette la
I keep some of my large venue equipment in my trailer. Did a big show Friday and used the equipment in the trailer. There was a light white funk on my equipment and cables and almost all of stuff in the trailer!
It has got to be a moisture problem! It is covered so it does not get too hot during the day! Anybody use any non electric moisture control to keep this crap off of equipment! I hate my equipment like this! I am very particular!

Suggestions?

Outdoor items are tough unless you can keep the moisture and air penetration out of the unit .. then you can dehumidify it with either electric devices or desiccants (same ones used in gun safes). If the air keeps coming in, it may be a fruitless battle.

Can you run a electric cord to the trailer?

If so, you and get a small dehumidifer.
Yes , but have you used one and which method do you prefer? That is my question.

And yes I am planning on running some direct burial from my shop about 20 feet away At later date!

Last edited:
Outdoor items are tough unless you can keep the moisture and air penetration out of the unit .. then you can dehumidify it with either electric devices or desiccants (same ones used in gun safes). If the air keeps coming in, it may be a fruitless battle.
That's why I don't get it, this thing is sealed pretty good. I have not been opening the top vent!