More Like This Please?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Bobcat

DJ Extraordinerror
Nov 8, 2014
Oklahoma City
I'm looking for more tracks similar to the one posted below. The track is actually an Oliver Koletzki song (No Man No Cry), but the version of it I like is the Jimmy Sax version. The Oliver Koletzki album/single version is not on YouTube, just the Jimmy Sax (Live) version, but it sounds exactly the same.

What I'm looking for are similar tracks blending Electronic/Dance music with Jazz artists playing real instruments (not synthesizers or computers). I know there are other artists who play Jazz-Fusion, Nu Jazz, Jazztronica, and Electrojazz, but most sound more jazz than dance. I can't put this track into Pandora because it does not recognize this track or Jimmy Sax.

Any suggestions for similar tracks or artists performing this type of music would be appreciated.

Last edited:
The first one I think of is Taylor McFerrin

Zack Sekoff is pretty good too

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubnaRNfALMc

Thanks for the response, Jeff... I was beginning to think I posted an INVISIBLE thread.[emoji1]

The Taylor McFerrin is maybe a little funkier than what I'm looking for, and the Zack Sekoff is pretty similar to other EDM tracks I play.

What I like about the Jimmy Sax track is that it's essentially an EDM track with the real instrument (saxophone) being played over it. I find it hard to believe there aren't others out there with violin, guitar, piano, or other instruments being played to an EDM track... but I don't know of a good way to search for them.

Doesn't ANYBODY on this forum play this kind of music?[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeff Romard