Bar & Club My club set list last night

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Chuck The DJ

I know people.
Sep 28, 2006
Sebastopol, California
www.chuckthedj.com
Since I asked for help with some songs I thought I might share my set list from last night. I found out that in the RPM music service I get that they have a number of remixes called or from "Jump Smokers",, So you will see a few of those I was trying out. The ones I played I liked and went over good.

I started at 10pm, by about 10:30 I had a floor and had one all night. The owner loves me, and the bartender says that I am the best DJ they had! LOL They must have some crappy DJs!... But she said that my mix of songs was good and I watched the floor and she could tell that I had the bar in mind.

I played a couple of songs that I knew would just be "ok" but that would take people to the bar to buy drinks. It's not all about having a packed floor all night. The bar has to make money.

I had a few people come up and thank me and tell me I was good. I get a little embarressed by that being that I am old enough to be their Dad or in some cases, maybe grandpa! LOL But it reminds me that age doesn't matter, the tunes you pick does.

85% of my songs I would bet were in the 125 - 135 range. The remixes help with that.

When going from a 130bpm song "Memories" to a sub 100bpm song (young Wild & Free) I would just do a shout out or tip your bartender, something so it wasn't so wack.... but people love the slower stuff so I threw some in but the owner does not want to turn the club/bar into a low BPM place.

No lights the club has 1! LOL I just used my ZXA 5's and they rocked hard, no sub can't have one in this venue because of the neighbors. The front windows are all open and I am in a corner right next to them.

#TIME:21:48
Kevin Rudolf - Let It Rock.mp3
#TIME:21:53
JAMMIN' (1977) - Bob Marley.mp3
#TIME:21:56
Murder She Wrote - Irie Reggae Hits - Best of Dancehall.mp3
#TIME:22:00
MUSIC SOUNDS BETTER WITH YOU - Stardust.mp3
#TIME:22:04
Jason Derulo - Ridin' Solo [Jump Smokers Edit].mp3
#TIME:22:06
Katy Perry - Firework [Jump Smokers Radio Edit].mp3
#TIME:22:08
Pitbull Feat. Shakira - Get It Started [Jump Smokers Radio Mix].mp3
#TIME:22:10
Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me [Jump Smokers Radio Edit].mp3
#TIME:22:14
Usher Feat. Pitbull - DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love [Jump Smokers Radio Edit].mp3
#TIME:22:18
Black Eyed Peas - Don't Stop The Party 128.mp3
#TIME:22:22
Outcast with Sleepy Brown - The Way You Move.mp3
#TIME:22:25
David Guetta Feat. Rihanna - Who's That Chick-.mp3
#TIME:22:27
Who Da Funk - Shiny Disco Balls.mp3
#TIME:22:30
WOULD YOU GO TO BED WITH ME - Touch & Go.mp3
#TIME:22:32
LMFAO - I'm In Miami Trick.mp3
#TIME:22:36
Minaj - Pound The Alarm (Explicit).mp3
#TIME:22:38
Enrique Iglesias ft Ludacris - Tonight.mp3
#TIME:22:42
Rihanna (Ft. Calvin Harris) - We Found Love.mp3
#TIME:22:44
BE MY LOVER (xmix) - La Bouche'.mp3
#TIME:22:47
Sean Kingston - Fire Burning.mp3
#TIME:22:50
Pink - Raise Your Glass [Jump Smokers Remix].mp3
#TIME:22:54
Pitbull Feat. TJR - Don't Stop The Party [Jump Smokers Radio Mix].mp3
#TIME:22:55
Salt-N-Pepa - Push It.mp3
#TIME:22:58
Beyonce - Run The World (Girls) (PO Clean Edit).mp3
#TIME:23:00
David Guetta Feat. Ne-Yo & Akon - Play Hard.mp3
#TIME:23:05
\will.i.am Feat. Britney Spears - Scream & Shout [EZ Mix Edit].mp3
#TIME:23:09
Nicki Minaj - Starships (Explicit).mp3
#TIME:23:11
LMFAO & Lil' Jon - Shots.mp3
#TIME:23:14
Flo Rida Feat T-Pain - Low.mp3
#TIME:23:17
Bruno Mars - Treasure [EZ Mix Edit].mp3
#TIME:23:20
Taio Cruz - Dynamite 120.mp3
#TIME:23:23
Sean Paul – Temperature
#TIME:23:27
Icona Pop - I Love It.mp3
#TIME:23:31
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Feat. Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us.mp3
#TIME:23:35
LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem.mp3
#TIME:23:38
Chris Brown - Turn Up The Music 130.mp3
#TIME:23:41
Rihanna - S&M.mp3
#TIME:23:44
Pitbull - Hotel Room Service.mp3
#TIME:23:47
V.I.C. - Wobble.mp3
#TIME:23:51
Juvenile - Back That Ass Up (uncensored).mp3
#TIME:23:54
Lil Wayne Feat. 2 Chainz - Rich As Fk [Clean].mp3
#TIME:23:57
Pitbull - Don't Stop The Party ft. TJR.mp4
#TIME:00:00
will.i.am Feat. Justin Bieber - #thatPOWER [EZ Mix Edit].mp3
#TIME:00:02
DJ Brian Howe - California Girls.mp3
#TIME:00:07
D.J.Laz w Flo Rida Casely - Move Shake Drop 128.mp3
#TIME:00:10
Far East Movement ft The Cataracs - Like A G6.mp3
#TIME:00:12
Paulina Rubio - Lo Are Por Ti 128.mp3
#TIME:00:17
THIS IS HOW WE DO IT.mp3
#TIME:00:20
Slick Rick - Children's Story.mp3
#TIME:00:23
Let Me Clear My Throat --- DJ Kool.mp3
#TIME:00:28
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Feat. Wanz - Thrift Shop [Xtra Clean].mp3
#TIME:00:31
Punk Feat. Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky [Radio Edit].mp3
#TIME:00:34
Lady Gaga - Poker Face 120.mp3
#TIME:00:39
Jennifer Lopez - On The Floor.mp3
#TIME:00:41
Ke$ha - Die Young.mp3
#TIME:00:43
DJ Brian Howe - Right Round.mp3
#TIME:00:45
Maroon 5 Feat. Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger.mp3
#TIME:00:48
Chris Brown - Yeah 3X .mp3
#TIME:00:51
Pitbull - Give Me Everything.mp3
#TIME:00:53
Justin Bieber Feat. Nikki Minaj - Beauty And A Beat [DJ Laszlo Radio].mp3
#TIME:00:56
LMFAO - Sexy And I Know It 130.mp3
#TIME:01:00
David Guetta f Kid Cudi - Memories.mp3
#TIME:01:03
Wiz Khalifa f Snoop Dogg & Bruno Mars - Young Wild & Free (Clean) @.mp3
#TIME:01:06
V.I.C. - Twerk It [Radio Edit].mp3
#TIME:01:08
2Pac Feat. Dr. Dre - California Love.mp3
#TIME:01:12
Snoop Dogg - Drop It Like It's Hot.mp3
#TIME:01:16
Robin Thicke Feat. Pharrell & T.I. - Blurred Lines.mp3
#TIME:01:20
Jennifer Lopez Feat. Pitbull - Live It Up.mp3
#TIME:01:23
Icona Pop Feat. Charli XCX - I Love It [Super Clean].mp3
#TIME:01:26
Pitbull Feat. Christina Aguilera - Feel This Moment [Jumpsmokers Extended Remix].mp3
#TIME:01:29
Flo Rida - Wild Ones 127.mp3
#TIME:01:31
Yolanda Be Cool - We no speak Americano.mp3
#TIME:01:33
DJ Brian Howe - The Time Dirty Bit.mp3
#TIME:01:36
Blow The Whistle (2006) - Too Short.mp3

Nice going Chuckie!

Reactions: 1 person
Based on the above, sounds like it was a nice show chucky. The Jump Smokers do have some nice remixes. I like the Wawa remixes too.

I did get two requests that I did not have...
Get Out Of Your Mind - Lil John.
****in' Problems - ASAP Rocky.

I did get two requests that I did not have...
Get Out Of Your Mind - Lil John - Outta Your Mind on RPM discs C283 and RB76.
****in' Problems - ASAP Rocky. - on RPM discs C428, M156, RB93, T1196 and VH124

If you have RPM, please note the following for the future in case you need them.

ahhhh I didn't type in Outta Your Mind,, but humm, still should have came up... I typed in ASAP and nothing,,, oh well I'll check, thanks!

ahhhh I didn't type in Outta Your Mind,, but humm, still should have came up... I typed in ASAP and nothing,,, oh well I'll check, thanks!

He's actually listed as A$AP. I edit them to come up as ASAP (for the very same reason that you couldn't find them).

CHR /RB93 /16 / F---IN PROBLEMS / A$AP ROCKY f Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar / 096 / CONTENT
CHR / T1196 / 09 / F---IN PROBLEMS / A$AP ROCKY f Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar / 096 / CONTENT
CHR URB / VH124 / 18 / F---in Problems / A$ap Rocky f Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar / 096 / CONTENT
URB / C428 / 10 / F---IN PROBLEMS / A$AP ROCKY f Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar / 096 / CONTENT
URB / M156 / 03 / F---IN PROBLEMS / Instrumental / A$AP ROCKY f Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar / 096

URB / C283 / 11 / OUTTA YOUR MIND / Clean Edit / LIL JON f/ LMFAO / 100 / CONTENT
URB / RB76 / 05 / OUTTA YOUR MIND / Clean Edit / LIL JON f/ LMFAO / 100 /CONTENT

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Hey Golf Buddy...nice job adding the old and new together. A new one that seems to be going well is "Jump On It" - The Hit Crew and "Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke f/ Pharrell and T.; "Yeah" - Usher, "In Da Club" - 50 Cent, also "Can't Hold Us" (Clean Edit) Macklemore f/ Ryan Lewis.

Check these out if you have time.

I'll need to see wawa site when I have time.

BTW check out my 6-29-13 Gig Report w/pictures (Lepore Wedding Reception), big lighting job w/Monogram projection.

You coming back to NC to visit sister and time soon? Be sure to alert me when you're gonna make the trip.

Later. Glad you're getting back in the groove.

Chuck you said the owner doesn't want you to play the slower stuff. Would you please explain? I don't want to assume a thing here. I have a thought as to why the owner doesn't want the slower stuff. I just don't want to say a thing just in case if I'm wrong.

I can't say this without sounding un PC so I just will,,, when the club plays the slower lower BPM stuff it attracks more of a black crowd,,,, in the past, they have had problems so they want to keep it more high energy and what they feel is more fun...

please do not shoot the messenger here...

I can't say this without sounding un PC so I just will,,, when the club plays the slower lower BPM stuff it attracts more of a gangsta crowd,,,, in the past, they have had problems so they want to keep it more high energy and what they feel is more fun...

Fixed that fer ya - made it more 'PC'. In all honesty tho, it's not just black people. There are gangsta people of all colors.

:)

Last edited:
I can't say this without sounding un PC so I just will,,, when the club plays the slower lower BPM stuff it attracks more of a black crowd,,,, in the past, they have had problems so they want to keep it more high energy and what they feel is more fun...

It's normally the young people that come in a place that want to hear that stuff. The problem is not playing that stuff but when a place doesn't mind if the DJ plays that all night. That is where I've seen places have a big problem. What happens is they get to drinking and some don't know how to hold their drink or drink too much. Now as far as that music goes what happens is you'll start out playing the clean stuff and when they find a place where the DJ gets to play that stuff all night long, then they will come in a big crowd. They will get bored with the clean stuff and want to hear the hardcore version of the song. Which is what the gang bangers will want to hear. The young girls will come in chasing after the gang bangers money.

Some places are just too cheap to hire security. So that sets a place up that some of the patrons there will be under age and drinking. Some owners won't care. All they can see is the bar making money. I've seen many places like that around here close their doors for good. A lot of times it's with the police help. They will get tired of having to keep coming back to the same place and eventually will give them a citation for violations in the place. Which in turn leave the owner if they want to keep the place open having to pay well over say 20k to keep the place open and have their liquor license still. 1 place many years ago the police busted someone selling drugs in the place. It got shut down. I found out from a bartender that worked there the fine was 70k and there was no way the owner could afford that to keep this bar open.

I have found the same thing on occasion, fortunately where I play this has not been the case....