My first pastorzilla

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
I am laughing. Just wired the minister, who proceeds to hand me a booklet that is his timeline. He then spends the next five minutes, giving me instructions on how everything will go, including instructions on how to wait until the end of a verse or chorus before doing a fade out. I just smiled and let him spew but it was hard to not crack a grin. And this is on a small, softball ceremony. This is the gig with the mob who didn't know how to use email. Hope it is not an indicator of the evening.

Well, didn't have to wait long. Somebody from the wedding drove up today in a early 90s RV. Think full-sized winnebego. A big ago, somebody went out to the camper (keep in mind this is a high-end country club) and started screaming to the point that one of the members called the police. The party is still going on, having dinner at the moment, and the county's finest is trying to sort something out (I don't know what). More to come I'm sure. lol

Hope you are still alive Rick lol

Sounds like you are glad for it to be over. At least your reception set up was easy to set up and tear down.

In this pic All of these people on the dance floor was the BRIDAL PARTY at my gig tonight. Big Bridal Party on this one! I did their intro PERFECTLY. This was during their first dance.

Tonight's wedding was fun. I used the ELSE GO8BT for the first time. That 8 inch speaker was PERFECT for a cocktail hour on a wrap around balcony at a Country Club with 177 guests. Plenty of Volume. I laid my Phone on top of it connected via blue tooth and let a playlist play. Brought my Sub out for the reception which sounded GREAT. They danced all night long. I was so exhilarated at the end of the gig from the gig I drove the entire way home blasting an old Metallica Mix CD I had LOL. Big Bridal Party.jpg

You totally wouldn't think a bar would be behind that brown wall on the dance floor, but after dinner they opened the wall up and a 20 foot long bar was there. It was kinda hard to get to for guestswith everyone packed on the dance floor most of the night.

Reactions: Andy A
Thanks for the sentiments guys. Yes, I survived. The RV incident fizzled and the RV owners apparently left, crisis averted. Overall, the gig wasn't that bad. I had my butt puckered, going in, because of the perception I had of the client. Nice folks but they probably would've fit in better at a barn venue than trying to use a high-end country club.

The hardest part though was the last 2 hours. You may remember the 4-year old brother who was holy terror at the F2F meeting? Well he was worse at the wedding. Bless his heart, I found out that he wasn't suppose to live when he was born and only had a half a brain (literally). His grandpa told me he couldn't process pain or understand his actions. I saw him, numerous times, come up to the little girls and just punch them in the face or tackle to the floor. I also saw him take at least 5 headers, directly into the wood floor and I was just certain his head was going to start spewing blood every time it bounced. He'd just lay there for a second then get up like nothing happened. That last two hours he set his sight on me and my gear. You know that kid who wants to touch your gear and makes you nervous? I can take my absolute worst example then multiple that 20X. He would run up, grab the speaker tripod and try his best to pull it over. He did this at least 40 times. He then started trying to come around behind my desk and managed once to grab the USB cable that was tethering my iphone to the laptop. The iphone hit the floor and the laptop got pulled across the desk before I was able to grab his hand and get the cable away from him. He then ran around to the other side and tried to yank the power plug out of the wall. I know it was just his way of getting attention and I feel sorry for his situation but really made it hard on me.

Overall, this was one of those groups that suck at partying and as mild as I perceived the dancing the MOB (and numerous guests) were just raving about how great of a job I had done.

Last edited: