My gig last night - non-DJ

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
As a DJ I hate to admit it, but this was good......really good.

A really good wedding band is an amazing thing to see. We have a few here in town as well. But reality for most of them is that the cost is WAY above very good DJ talent in the area. You're looking at probably $6-$12K for a great wedding band around here. If the budget allows for that, sweet.

How was volume? The main complaint I've heard, even about the best bands is that they have two settings: Loud and louder. Were people able to chat during dinner comfortably?

Reactions: ittigger
A really good wedding band is an amazing thing to see. We have a few here in town as well. But reality for most of them is that the cost is WAY above very good DJ talent in the area. You're looking at probably $6-$12K for a great wedding band around here. If the budget allows for that, sweet.

How was volume? The main complaint I've heard, even about the best bands is that they have two settings: Loud and louder. Were people able to chat during dinner comfortably?

Volume was excellent but, then again, you're talking a very large room that's big enough to let a band throw down without it being overly loud. I believe I saw their rates are $4k-$7k. Overall, that event was probably the nicest event we've had the pleasure to work. You know it's going to be a good night when, as a photographer, you're greeted at the door with "Let me show you to your dressing room."

They offer several different packages and add-ons. We just had them for our 4th of July festivities. For the 10pc band with everything your looking closer to $10k I believe. That's with the added uptown girls singers and the brass section.

Reactions: ittigger