New Battery Powered Speaker from Galaxy Audio

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
Arriving later this month, this is an 8" battery powered 2-way powered speaker with 0, 1 or 2 wireless receiver modules and a battery that they claim will run for up to 24 hours.

Advertised pricing runs $250 without mic, $300 with 1 mic and $350 with 2 (various combinations available).

● 150 Watt Amplifier
● Battery Powered
● Built-In Bluetooth®
● Rechargeable
● 2 XLR/Line Inputs
● Built-in MP3 Player
● Built-in Handle
● Speaker Pole Mount
● Runs 24+ Hours

Looks pretty clean ... Galaxy Audio TQ8-40HON Traveler Quest 8" Speaker TQ8-40H0N

1495556557000_1338421.jpg1495556343000_IMG_804104.jpg1495556343000_IMG_804100.jpg

Arriving later this month, this is an 8" battery powered 2-way powered speaker with 0, 1 or 2 wireless receiver modules and a battery that they claim will run for up to 24 hours.

Advertised pricing runs $250 without mic, $300 with 1 mic and $350 with 2 (various combinations available).

● 150 Watt Amplifier
● Battery Powered
● Built-In Bluetooth[emoji768]
● Rechargeable
● 2 XLR/Line Inputs
● Built-in MP3 Player
● Built-in Handle
● Speaker Pole Mount
● Runs 24+ Hours

Looks pretty clean ... Galaxy Audio TQ8-40HON Traveler Quest 8" Speaker TQ8-40H0N

1495556557000_1338421.jpg1495556343000_IMG_804104.jpg1495556343000_IMG_804100.jpg

I've seen some other Galaxy Audio products, but I'm not familiar with the brand. Are their products any good? How would they compare to other brands like Behringer, or Mackie, and others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen some other Galaxy Audio products, but I'm not familiar with the brand. Are their products any good? How would they compare to other brands like Behringer, or Mackie, and others?

Smaller company ... based in Kansas. They have had some cool products over the years (Hot Spot monitor is one). Decent construction .. styling was bland.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Smaller company ... based in Kansas. They have had some cool products over the years (Hot Spot monitor is one). Decent construction .. styling was bland.

The reason I ask is because I've run across their compressor. Not being familiar with the brand, I did not consider it seriously.

Their stuff seems better built than say Behringer .. performance .. I have no idea.

Would you trust this for say a wedding ceremony? Would be interested if the speaker sound quality was decent.
The Galaxy Audio stuff I've seen has been decently built. Going to the DJExpo in 2 weeks, so hope to see it there. Galaxy usually has a booth.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Can you give us a report maybe if you see it? We do a lot of beach wedding where I am and this would be perfect if it works correctly.
Will do .. if it doesn't pan out, there is always the other 2 I have:

American Audio ELS Go 8BT (or 15). I have a pair, the battery lasts at least 4+ hours (haven't run them longer). Not the most HiFi of speakers, but would work fine for an outdoor event. You'd just have to figure out a way to power a Wireless receiver, as it doesn't have a mic with it. These are the ones I might replace if the Galaxy is any good.

ELS GO 8BT

Alto Transport 12. A bit larger than the 8s, but gets louder and sounds better. Has a built-in wireless mic.

Alto Professional - HIGHLIGHTED PRODUCTS Series > TRANSPORT 12

Reactions: steve149
For what you pay for the unit the wireless is VERY good. I'ts not as good as my SM58 wireless but it's light years ahead of the AT I used to have and several others I've used
I like the Alto .. only issues are it's slightly large for a 12" and the build quality of the cabinet isn't what I'd like (though probably par for a $350 unit).

The Galaxy Audio stuff I've seen has been decently built. Going to the DJExpo in 2 weeks, so hope to see it there. Galaxy usually has a booth.
I'm going to be there as well. I can't wait. I've never been. I always wanted to go. I sacrificed my heart out to be there.