NYE - Multi Op shouldn't have booked this one!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Welcome back Rocky!!!!

When you don't pay for your music it's easy to do gigs for next to nothing.

:sqerr::sqmad:

Why pay more for something than I need to? Show me a DJ who doesn't DL music. Ever. Some just do it more than most and most of my local competition does it just as much as I and everyone else. That's why the "legal" guys who do pay for their music have to charge almost 3 times as much. Music is probably the biggest investment and most of the songs on those CDs they get never get play time anyway.

I at least get what I need, what I know I will play and not paying for filler.

Why pay more for something than I need to? Show me a DJ who doesn't DL music. Ever. Some just do it more than most and most of my local competition does it just as much as I and everyone else. That's why the "legal" guys who do pay for their music have to charge almost 3 times as much. Music is probably the biggest investment and most of the songs on those CDs they get never get play time anyway.

Hello, my name is Curt. Now you have meet that DJ.:sqwink:

I do download music, from Amazon and pay for every song. I have NEVER downloaded a song that I did not pay for. Most of my music comes from PrimeCuts and Promo Only.

IMHO, A dj that downloads and uses ilegal music is no better then the hood rat that robs the 7-11.

YMMV

then we can all see you STEAL a lot of your music with comments like that

here in Australia up untill jan 2010 we wasnt allowed to download any music or use a computer legally

now we have a format shift licence that you have to account for EVERY Song that you play and who its played where time etc to be able to have a licence in the first place

plus its $800.00 a year

I still do NOT use a computer at my job for music
I still buy all my music on CD from a local store

as for the show that the op was sayiong he got asked to do

no thanks I wouldnt even get in my car for that price on NYE period
plus I get booked 9/10 times up to 2x years in advanced
(unless I dont want to work then it takes a bigger pay check to me to work on a night off)

Hello, my name is Curt. Now you have meet that DJ.:sqwink:

I do download music, from Amazon and pay for every song. I have NEVER downloaded a song that I did not pay for. Most of my music comes from PrimeCuts and Promo Only.

IMHO, A dj that downloads and uses ilegal music is no better then the hood rat that robs the 7-11.

YMMV

I'm a hobbyist that doesn't get paid to DJ and I buy all my music (Started when I was 10 years old).

What's that saying about Karma???