One Hit Wonders, that really deserved better.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Papa Deuce

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2006
Valley Forge Area
IMO, this list almost has to start with Allanah Myles. Black Velvet was one SMOKING HOT song. How she never became a star, I'll never know. That whole CD was really good, IMO.

I have several more, but I'll wait to see what you folks have to offer.

She was a star in Canada...personally i hated Balck Wlevet...."Still got this thang" was a rockin tune...."lover of Mine" was a great ballad

Not even according to her. I just was watching an interview with her on VH1. She admits to being a one hit wonder.

Allanah was soooo cool! :sqcool:

Then again, at times she seemed drunker than I was, when working on a crab boat :sqerr:

This is my fav tune by her, although she was obviously not at her best here... ;)

YouTube- Alannah Myles - Rock this Joint

YouTube- Wet Willie Keep On Smilin

I was always a Wet Willie fan. another song they did I like a lot was "Babycakes", however all they had was one hit with Keep On Smilin'

This video I post is fairly recent, they still sound as good as they did back in the day.

Best,

Paul

Keep on Smilin' is on my Zune, which is what plays at night when I'm sleeping (or something to that effect). I love it when that song is playing when I wake up -- the day is brighter... :sqbiggrin:

Unfortunately, today I woke up to Kenny doing "Buy Me a Rose"... :sqerr:

By noon, I had 3 beers in me, and decided to have the wench wacked... :sqlaugh: :rofl:

@ Eddie.. David & David - Boomtown is one of my favorite recordings.... :clap:

The T bird weren't really a "one hit wonder" though.

+1 on Terrence Trent D'arby....

Sign your name/Dance Little Sister two other great song he did.

Papa...going back to Allanah Myles....despite what she might say, she was more than a one hit wonder....The scuttlebutt was at the time that her ego was bigger than most skyscrapers and that she was very difficult to work with....

Which may explain why she disappeared after her albums subsequent to Black Velvet flopped....