Overtime

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Guy what is the average income in NY? What is the average home selling for? How much are the apartments in NY? How about parking for your cars? Before you answer that I know how much since I have family living there!

Your way of life costs more then here, you should ask for more!

If you are charging more great, someone hand him a trophy! But don't tell others what they should be charging. We all know when to get more or when not to.

Now back to the thread!

Florida Freddy..

Guy what is the average income in NY? What is the average home selling for? How much are the apartments in NY? How about parking for your cars? Before you answer that I know how much since I have family living there!

Your way of life costs more then here, you should ask for more!

If you are charging more great, someone hand him a trophy! But don't tell others what they should be charging. We all know when to get more or when not to.

Now back to the thread!

This is the thread...If you don't like my answers, tough bananas...

So you have family here, great! I've been here for 40 years. I know the stats. So before you start to get on my a**, chill...

My OT rate is the norm. For those of US in NY that is not getting $200 ofr OT, maybe they should re-evaluate their business plan.

If you're happy, I'm happy for you.

Peace.

oh here we go again another worthers thread!!!

thats it I am off to bed!

My Contract says $75/per each half hour, however I will accept $100 per hour.
If I end up going 15-20 minutes extra, I will not bother my client for extra $.
However as far as reviews and testimonials go, most clients/hosts are too drunk and tired to remember you went out of your way for them anyway, so that isn't my driving factor at that point in the night. The fact that I still have people on the dance floor at the end of the night should be my testimonial right there!

I live in in New York City and I can tell you it's expensive here. How would I justify charging a client 200.00 per hour for o/t, when they just paid me 700.00 for a 4 hour event? It would make me seem like a greedy ass in their eyes. A wedding with no add on's will start at 800.00 for 4 hours. If I am there and the gear is all set up 100.00 per hour is just fine.

How would I justify charging a client 200.00 per hour for o/t, when they just paid me 700.00 for a 4 hour event? It would make me seem like a greedy ass in their eyes.
Some would say you have a low sense of self esteem if you think such actions could make you look like an ass. They might also expect you to avoid being a hypocrite and refusing any and all gratuities since you have no desire to make more than your established maximum.

Some would direct you an Econ text book, specifically the "Supply & Demand" chapter.

Others would suggest you are not maximizing your opportunities.

I, on the other hand, will simple say, "You know what you are worth better than anyone else on the planet."

Good Luck.

I live in in New York City and I can tell you it's expensive here....when they just paid me 700.00 for a 4 hour event
I didn't know you could even get a burger and coke in the City for $700 let alone a four hour DJ.

I didn't know you could even get a burger and coke in the City for $700 let alone a four hour DJ.

Cap,

You can still find some really good deals here in the City if you look hard enough. You guys upstate might not have the high amount of 250.00 dj's up there like we do down here. This is why I do most of my DJ work in NJ.

700.00 for a 4 hour birthday here is not a bad take. 800.00 for just sound for a 4 hour wedding during the dry season is not bad either.

Some would say you have a low sense of self esteem if you think such actions could make you look like an ass. They might also expect you to avoid being a hypocrite and refusing any and all gratuities since you have no desire to make more than your established maximum.

Some would direct you an Econ text book, specifically the "Supply & Demand" chapter.

Others would suggest you are not maximizing your opportunities.

I, on the other hand, will simple say, "You know what you are worth better than anyone else on the planet."

Good Luck.

Rocky,

I see your point! I charge enough out of the gate for my first 4 hours to justify my performance time.

During peak wedding season I start at 1495.00. When I offer uplights, double plasma's and a full light show. Now we are talking closer to 2500.00 and up. So please don't give me any grief for charging 100.00 per hour for O/T.

Trust me! Some of these guys that charge this 200.00 for 1 hour are using it as an excuse to not stay late. Because they know most won't pay for it.

Anyone who has seen me perform or knows me will tell you that my self esteem is not low. Also gratuities in excess of 300.00 + have been offered and accepted quite a few times.

DJ John The 1 ; Since changing the way I use this forum to post, all the smilie faces aren't visible. There was supposed to be one after the last sentence.

Let me fix it:
I didn't know you could even get a burger and coke in the City for $700 let alone a four hour DJ. ;>) !

Doesn't matter to me what you charge as long as you're happy, successful, and profitable.

Thank you Cap. ITs all about personal satisfaction unless we share it with a family. I deny such a thing being a single man at 50. I am at my own demise no alternate factors and only one to take responsibility for. Ciao 4 Now!!!

I see this as a major disrespect to me! You sound like an egoistic ASS! DJs like you is where the problem lies in our profession! Don't under estimate me Albany person you might not like the results!

Whoa! I'm not really sure what I said to offend you, but I apologize.. There's No need to get nasty.