Bar & Club Owner pissed me off!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I'll keep it simple as i've got to get ready to take a shower. I'm in the process of looking for another bar/club to have another retirement party. That's because some of my friends i've worked with weren't able to attend or didn't know about the first one. I went to this bar where they have a nice room/hall in the back. I went there to talk to the owner and see if i could have the party there. I really didn't get to talk to him about what i wanted. He just snapped at me it would be a $150.00 deposit and he needed to see money. I mean real nasty like.

I never got to speak my piece with the owner. I played there once for a friend of mines 40th birthday party. He paid us nicely to have it in a bar because he used to DJ himself. I just hated this owners attitude! This isn't such a grand place. It's a bar in the ghetto. Nothing spectacular about the place but that the room in the back is a nice size room.

I do have a DJ friend that said he needed to go back there with me. I guess he knows the owner personally. I really don't want to be bothered as it's his loss and i'm sure i can find another place to have it in. I'll see what my friend says. I'll also check with another DJ friend tonight who's one of the DJ's playing tonight at this party and see what ideals he comes up with. Some people need to know how to talk to people in a professional manner. Now from what i understand he can't keep a DJ playing in this bar. I can see why.

I'll keep it simple ........................................................................................... I can see why.
Mix, I think you should serve drinks to your "listening" audience here before getting on the comedy stage. I know for sure that I need more than one. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
well I don't want to hold you up from your shower lol (TMI btw) but stop throwing parties and start dj'ing other peoples parties. Most of your friends who couldn't make it or claimed that didn't know about the first party are liars! They knew about it and just didn't care to attend. You first party ended on a good note, leave it at that.

oh great here we go again!!

You don't need to like to guy to rent his space, I mean, you are not going to party with him. He just wants you to 'show him the money'. He most likely doesn't care about the details as is just renting the space, probably figures you are just wasting his time. I have no idea what would have given him that impression... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people
You don't need to like to guy to rent his space, I mean, you are not going to party with him. He just wants you to 'show him the money'. He most likely doesn't care about the details as is just renting the space, probably figures you are just wasting his time. I have no idea what would have given him that impression... :rolleyes:
First of all i was just talking about the lack of respect this owner was showing me. He could have at least been more professional with things. The issue with some people not showing. Some really didn't know i was throwing this party and some work at night on Fridays and just couldn't make it. The time for them at night since i worked nights for 13 years is 3-11pm. The first one i had i got paid. I just want to have at least one more so not only some of the people i used to work with can have a chance to show up but the family too. Some are not my actual biological family but people i call my family because that's what i think of them. That's how close we are.

Don't worry i have gigs that are coming up in the near future. Things aren't that bad. I'm just at the point now that I'm old and don't care to do any old gig just to make some money. I used to could do that when i was trying to make a name for myself. So i could do some events that may not have been the safest events to do. I'm no longer desperate for gigs today. My motto today is safety first. If i don't feel good about doing an event or i feel it's questionable then i will pass that gig up. No matter how much the gig is paying.

I used to could do that when i was trying to make a name for myself.

Yer certainly making a name for yourself here :laugh:

Could you explain the line "I used to could do that"...? Secretary must be on holiday.

I hate to say it, but I think we're gonna need to change our term of endearment, from Rick Ryan, to Macho Macho Man...

Reactions: 2 people
If you felt disrespected why would you want to "speak your peace" or go back there with your buddy. You said the place wasn't special so why sweat it. You're better than that. Control your situation.

You want to talk disrespect...I just found out today that the bar owner where I was slated to do karaoke does not want me to perform there because of my race. My event planner contact was embarrassed to tell me. I admit I was a tad upset at the idea but then again its her place so she can do what she wants. The owner has no idea that I had a group of 30 - 40 people ready to come out buy food and drinks and perhaps frequent the place. Her loss. I don't intend to plead my case or get buddies or the ACLU involved. I can and will continue to get business elsewhere.

Likewise you can find another venue.

Reactions: 4 people
If you felt disrespected why would you want to "speak your peace" or go back there with your buddy. You said the place wasn't special so why sweat it. You're better than that. Control your situation.

You want to talk disrespect...I just found out today that the bar owner where I was slated to do karaoke does not want me to perform there because of my race. My event planner contact was embarrassed to tell me. I admit I was a tad upset at the idea but then again its her place so she can do what she wants. The owner has no idea that I had a group of 30 - 40 people ready to come out buy food and drinks and perhaps frequent the place. Her loss. I don't intend to plead my case or get buddies or the ACLU involved. I can and will continue to get business elsewhere.

Likewise you can find another venue.

[video=youtube;9v4CFjrjBxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v4CFjrjBxc[/video]

;)

People are ignorant in so many ways. Just remember, what goes around comes around, she'll end up kicking her own ass over time.

Reactions: 3 people
Anger = Having my feelings hurt = EGO
or Being afraid

The whole race thing is pretty funny IMHO.

I've been to almost every state in this Union -- and it works different depending on where you are.

Put a white guy in SC, and the folks at BK will spit on your food. In FL, they just shoot the black folks. Try Arizona -- that was a weird place. I think Utah is even weirder.

Try Newburgh, where I am at the moment -- white people are not welcome in the city. Nobody speaks English, and everybody carries weapons. We stay on The Farm as much as possible -- and that got broken into shortly before I got back up here.

Reactions: 3 people
I scare the hell out of Hispanics and the rest of Caucasians :D :D :D

The whole race thing is pretty funny IMHO.

I've been to almost every state in this Union -- and it works different depending on where you are.

Put a white guy in SC, and the folks at BK will spit on your food. In FL, they just shoot the black folks. Try Arizona -- that was a weird place. I think Utah is even weirder.

Try Newburgh, where I am at the moment -- white people are not welcome in the city. Nobody speaks English, and everybody carries weapons. We stay on The Farm as much as possible -- and that got broken into shortly before I got back up here.

Its people in general. All of us carry bias at some level whether it be orientation, race, gender, social class...I can rationalize it but I do let it get to me at times. I recall a lecture from college where the professor said something along the lines of "Life would be great if it weren't for other people".

But we all know DJs are the best of all people on planet earth. :cool:

Jacob scares the sh_t out of me sometimes -- don't even come up here dude -- there's an AK with 30 rounds under my bed, just waiting for your autopsy report...

You should learn to drink...hehehe :cheers:

So....My partners brother has an aunt, who's cousin works down by the dock, and was maybe going to talk to the sister of a guy that throws these partys sometimes...meanwhile, I want to throw a party at this real nice dive bar that stinks like urine,And the owner is a total prick to everyone, But my partners had lots of partys there so we will see what he can do, Unless he pisses me off.
I hope we have a real good time.

Reactions: 10 people
So....My partners brother has an aunt, who's cousin works down by the dock, and was maybe going to talk to the sister of a guy that throws these partys sometimes...meanwhile, I want to throw a party at this real nice dive bar that stinks like urine,And the owner is a total prick to everyone, But my partners had lots of partys there so we will see what he can do, Unless he pisses me off.

Sadly, That I understand!:eek:

What the hell are you talking about! I just posted this so i could vent. That's all this was for. I didn't mean to start a riot. He just reminds me of some owners who really don't care what comes in their place, as long as it brings in money it's OK. I've seen places like that and they have closed their doors for good. They let the drama for your mommas in and before you know it the place turns into a zoo. The police get tired of having to come back to the place. So what they do is hit them with heavy fines that they know they can't pay and the place is closed down.

All i can say to him is good luck and good ridens. He just needs to get an attitude adjustment. I just hope someone doesn't decide to give him the wrong type of attitude adjustment. Like a fist in his face or something else just as bad.

Stop smoking the hydraulic fluid ;)