Pinspot Question

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

scgstuff

DJ Extraordinaire
Jun 30, 2017
Central Texas
garrisentertainment.com
I have seen some people's pricing has add ons for Pinspots. How are they hung and how often do people go that route, for those that do offer it? I was curious and did a quick Google search and it looks like ADJ and Chauvet both have offerings sub-$50. Are these the units being added on, or are there better brighter ones being used? Cheaper to get 3-5 pinspots at that price then it would be to add a bunch of uplighting at $75-100 per PAR. But it wouldn't be worth it if people don't add it on.

Pin spots are normally used for items you want to spotlight, like a cake or table centerpieces or a mirror ball. They are not the same as uplights (PARs), which have a much wider beam width.

I've tried any number of different fixtures but generally have just used 2 of the 3-watt pins. I've only sold it a handful of times by itself but have included it as part of my top-end packages for a number of years. As for mounting, I generally just put them on a tripod stand.

Reactions: ittigger
Pin spots are normally used for items you want to spotlight, like a cake or table centerpieces or a mirror ball. They are not the same as uplights (PARs), which have a much wider beam width.
I understand they are for different things. Just want to increase what we could offer customers and it is a less expensive entry then the uplighting, it seemed. Hadn't thought of that before looking at other packages.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk