Weddings Pricing on your web site?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Well, we put ours on the website from day 1 and have never considered removing it.

Here is the only problem putting prices on the site. Of course my opinion and learned in a few marketing classes taken. Written information is not as engulfing to all clients out there. If for instance you dont answer deep interests say for an East Indian Wedding on your site and your prices are equal or more than one who happens to mention the subject (this supposing you in fact do cater to these type events on occasion) it is likely more chance they will pass you by. Having no price on site will draw more opportunity for atleast them calling to ask your price. I then draw them even more by asking for a no obligation qualifying meeting. Works for me. The Indian Wedding only mentioned as an example.

No prices on the website. If I give out all the information online, why would they call.

Because the value perception associated with the price is tilted very heavily in your favor and they perceive getting a lot for the price.

I put pricing on my site, but at the same time, it can';t be on there alone. My site is the most thorough and detailed dj site I have ever seen, and it is so by design.

No matter who they are, or how short their attention span is, there is relevent information for them about what I do and how I do it. Couple that with the posted price, and if they aren't "scared away" (and for the record Im fine if they are), they will call for more info or a consult. At that point, there is really not much question at all if they are "my type of client."

I let my site content do a good bit of my selling for me, and thats the way I want it:):sqcool:

Here is the only problem putting prices on the site. Of course my opinion and learned in a few marketing classes taken. Written information is not as engulfing to all clients out there. If for instance you dont answer deep interests say for an East Indian Wedding on your site and your prices are equal or more than one who happens to mention the subject (this supposing you in fact do cater to these type events on occasion) it is likely more chance they will pass you by. Having no price on site will draw more opportunity for atleast them calling to ask your price. I then draw them even more by asking for a no obligation qualifying meeting. Works for me. The Indian Wedding only mentioned as an example.

That's an interesting point, but I have people calling me all the time about Indian events (for example) and things that aren't mentioned explicitly on the site. So while a certain percentage may be lost or fall through the cracks on the "Well you didint spell it out for me" argument, seems to me to be a negligible percent, and collateral damage I'm willing to take for the greater benefit. :sqwink:

Prices are on my site and will stay (until I cross a certain price point, at which time I'll probably do an entire ovarall of the site anyway). I hate price questions and have chosen to do away with them by posting the answer for them. Funny this came up, I just spent most of this afternoon fleshing out my package offerings and putting in a price increase. However, the old page is still up, for now.
My site is also a bit verbose yet informative, hence I know every inquiry that comes directly from my site is a real lead not a tire kicker. In fact every lead from my website this year (except for one) has lead to a meeting and of the last 25 meetings, only 3 have not booked.

Prices are on the site and like Mac said, they were there from Day 1.

We no longer post a link to our website. I had it in my signature and someone decided to take stuff out of context from the site and use it in a negative light on this forum. I got PO'd, shizznit went down, and I said "never again" on the site link. :(
So, you have a secret site? It's for private eyes only? What's the sense in that?

I've had "prices starting at..." on my site since day one. I figure it's a good idea to get them interested, then provide an exact quote once I have all of their details.

aww but if push comes to shove

like prospective Clients I hope its easy enough to find or otherwise the clients wont either. LOL
We no longer post a link to our website. I had it:sqwink::rofl: in my signature and someone decided to take stuff out of context from the site and use it in a negative light on this forum. I got PO'd, shizznit went down, and I said "never again" on the site link. :(

dont have it, they call me

Our site is quite easy to find, heck, we have some other DJs in town that when you search for them, we're ahead of them on the search results (and we don't play any SEO games).

Yeah, we'll still get people who will call and ask about our rates even though all the info is on the website, but normally it's people verifying the price on the site.

As far as people only seeing the price...yeah, that's where the rest of the website comes in.

Our site is quite easy to find, heck, we have some other DJs in town that when you search for them, we're ahead of them on the search results (and we don't play any SEO games).

Yeah, we'll still get people who will call and ask about our rates even though all the info is on the website, but normally it's people verifying the price on the site.

As far as people only seeing the price...yeah, that's where the rest of the website comes in.

I can't find it. Ok, let me try it this way...What 's your web site address? Is it DJ J Mac.com?