Video Jocks Question for wedding Vjs. What popular video clips you are not playing at weddings...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

anzyxx

DJ Extraordinaire
Jul 22, 2007
GTA
because there is too much skin showing? Please post your choices, 2 leading words are popular and skin. Thanks!

I've never done video for a wedding but the times I have for other events it's no holds barred. I can see it being a problem though

I have 5 projectors installed and available in the nice wedding hall that can hold 400 people, so video is my next step to offer something different than competition. I did NYE video party and Valentines, had a lot of positive comments. Weeding are still kind of virgin territory for me with videos.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I have 5 projectors installed and available in the nice wedding hall that can hold 400 people, so video is my next step to offer something different than competition. I did NYE video party and Valentines, had a lot of positive comments. Weeding are still kind of virgin territory for me with videos.
How many people does it take, and how long to set all that up? The reason I don't do video (other than the cost) is it takes too much time and effort to set up and take down, and I don't want to employee one or more helpers. I like the freedom of working alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ittigger and SEDJ
How many people does it take, and how long to set all that up? The reason I don't do video (other than the cost) is it takes too much time and effort to set up and take down, and I don't want to employee one or more helpers. I like the freedom of working alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are installed. I would say that around 50% of halls in my town has some kind of video system installed.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Weddings NO - Parties YES

So here goes my list where popular wedding songs got XXX with videos:
Pitbull - Timber ft. Ke$ha
Sasha Lopez & Broono - All My People
R.I.O. feat. U-Jean - Turn This Club Around
Martin Garrix - Animals
Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jager
Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines
Rihanna - We Found Love
Calvin Harris - Summer
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
Miley Cyrus -anything new ;(
Nicki Minaj - Starships
Beyoncé - Single Ladies

Last edited:
Sorry but your so called list isnt for Weddings in my area

have a nice day

Sorry but your so called list isnt for Weddings in my area

have a nice day
Yea .. he stated they were his DO NOT play videos.

Reactions: sonic-vision
but all he is doing is trying to get his post count up so I dont wanna see someone like that so I ignore the user

sorry steve

Reactions: steve149
but all he is doing is trying to get his post count up so I dont wanna see someone like that so I ignore the user

sorry steve
I just assumed he wasn't aware he could edit the previous post.

Reactions: DjDennis
I am exclusively VJ'ing at every event, especially weddings. Client acceptance, even excitement, abounds in my area.

The visual content of most of the individually posted tracks are not considered offensive although borderline, with the exception of Minaj and Cyrus, who I do not play regardless of popularity.

If there are a lot of children in attendance, then more care is exercised in showing the video, substituting ambients or jpegs.

Scrapping the entire video format because of one or two questionable video content tracks is like making the entire entire platoon do a 1,000 pushups because one fella didn't have shined shoes.

Scrapping the entire video format because of one or two questionable video content tracks is like making the entire entire platoon do a 1,000 pushups because one fella didn't have shined shoes.

Though, to be fair, that happens too ... I believe they deem that peer pressure.

Reactions: ittigger
but all he is doing is trying to get his post count up so I dont wanna see someone like that so I ignore the user sorry steve

If I get my post count up, do I get something special? I can post something cool, let me think :) LOL

Reactions: ittigger