RequestNow - Cool Tool for Taking Song Requests

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
It's fairly simple Patrick. I won't go into details, but for example you have Wifi running, our software will establish a comm link to our servers.

We then have access to everything on your computer.

You misunderstand Rick, my gig computer NEVER is on the net, it is completely disabled in every way.....all programs on installed via an external hard drive :)

You misunderstand Rick, my gig computer NEVER is on the net, it is completely disabled in every way.....all programs on installed via an external hard drive :)

Not really Patrick. Did I mention my software has a full comm server built in that runs in the background?

You'll never know you are connected via somebodies hotspot nearby.

Reactions: 1 person
LOL actually Rick I do know for sure, because our gig computer has absolutely no way to connect to the internet in any form, there is no wifi card in it at all

Do not laugh too loud. I assume you are not a programmer, and do not know what we can do.

You have WiFi built into your Atom based computer. We can turn that on at any time. You will never know we turned it on.

Trust me Patrick -- I am damn good at what I do best.

Reactions: DjDennis
Not really Patrick. Did I mention my software has a full comm server built in that runs in the background?

You'll never know you are connected via somebodies hotspot nearby.

Are you trying to sell software? Or are you trying to scare people into never using Rockit. I am assuming you are joking, but it kinda makes me feel like removing my Rockit from my computer. I've nothing to hide, but what is on my computer is none of your business

Reactions: kittmaster
Are you trying to sell software? Or are you trying to scare people into never using Rockit. I am assuming you are joking, but it kinda makes me feel like removing my Rockit from my computer. I've nothing to hide, but what is on my computer is none of your business

Unfortunately Scott .. I don't think he's joking.

I'm not trying to scare people away Scott -- just tired of losing cash flow to hackers.

I put out a new release, and they break into it in 24 hours.

I'm not the NSA, I don't give a hoot what you have on your computer -- just my software. I have to make sure I can maintain it amd do support.

I don't spy on my customers, but I need info to resolve any issues.

BTW, the comm server part, has many functions -- you can write an iPad app if you like, or maybe an Android app. The ball is in your court. All specs are in the manual addendum.

Reactions: DjDennis
Well I can say now that this thread can be closed and or Archived

from the site:

This project is no longer active.
It has been a great ride and we appreciate your support.

Well I can say now that this thread can be closed and or Archived

from the site:

This project is no longer active.
It has been a great ride and we appreciate your support.

The thread was pretty much dead until you revived it. Um, thanks for that.

Most major software including Windows have a comm server built in. Honestly if they want to get in they will regardless of any security measures you take

I want people to approach me, I want them to speak to me directly to make a request. I want them to know their DJ is a real person selecting songs and that I really do take and play their requests. I'm not afraid of people, their input, or their differences with what I'm doing. I'm also interested in their legitimate feedback - not the crap they dare send anonymously by text.

I also do not need the distraction of unnecessary text or data tools while I'm entertaining or DJing. If the request is important enough you'll walk over and tell me about it. If your best social skill is a text message - then I'm not interested in your feedback.

Last edited:
I used RequestNow during prom season this year - it's nicely designed and the RequestNow team was great to chat with - the students loved it, too. Although it's not something I plan to use at wedding receptions this year (which make up most of my work), I wish them continued success.
Nice to hear someone else using it,

Reactions: Jeff Romard
While this is true to a degree, there are things that even built in comm servers can't get around.

:)

I always figure if Humans can make it Humans can break it ;)