School & Teen Events School Setup

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

BlueLineDJ

DJ Extraordinaire
Jan 25, 2015
The setup seen here was done at a local high school's homecoming in their lobby. Leading up to the event he kept bragging about how he was bringing 8,000 watts of sound and 18LED fixtures. Kind of a messy setup if you ask me.

Attachments

• IMG_8556.JPG
    IMG_8556.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 54
Similar to Mix's setup, there will be issues purely because the speakers are all spread out. Not sure a lobby needed QSC KW subs AND a pair of what looks like JBL Eon subs .. and the double tops surely aren't needed both pointing in the same direction. Would seem to me to be even easier, and better sounding, to stack the subs at the outside position, place the larger tops toed in slightly atop them and the smaller tops setup either on a tripod or on the sub (if there was room) splayed outward to cover the sides if it was wide.

... and use some velcro or something .. :)

did photobooth at a wedding last night, DJ bragged before event about his gear, his 30 years experience, his ability to read the floor, fill it with multiple generations simultanously...

speakers were passive and sat on the floor (older carpeted yamaha twin 15's with a horn, no sub)...he must only buy 100' wires as he has more wire laying on the floor that I think I own for 4 systems, just started using DMX lighting and his tree looked like those in the pic above - wires loosely hanging everywhere.

At least the guy pictured here had a facade to hide the wires.

I'm sure if they got the lights dark enough that it would be much harder to notice all the wiring once they got started. But it's certainly a sloppy look if they left it like that.

Looks like he has one stack ahead of another by some inches... He might have the distance aligned,,,, what we used to do before alignment gadgets! he has some money in his setup,,,,,I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he has a good drive rack back there somewhere!

I heard that there are drive racks built into amps now! Haha! ,,,,,, where did I hear that.....was it just a dream???

Looks like he has one stack ahead of another by some inches... He might have the distance aligned,,,, what we used to do before alignment gadgets! he has some money in his setup,,,,,I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he has a good drive rack back there somewhere!

I heard that there are drive racks built into amps now! Haha! ,,,,,, where did I hear that.....was it just a dream???
Only the right side (viewers) .. the other side is aligned differently, so I suspect it was mearely where they put them down. The subs are both the same type (direct radiating) so not much needed for alignment .. other than the fact the 2 stacks on each side are either too close together or too far apart to minimize aberrations.

Reactions: DJKLEEN
The setup seen here was done at a local high school's homecoming in their lobby. Leading up to the event he kept bragging about how he was bringing 8,000 watts of sound and 18LED fixtures

It looks like he was close on most of what he told you.

I could see the 8K watts of sound and maybe 16 lights.

It looks like he was close on most of what he told you.

I could see the 8K watts of sound and maybe 16 lights.
Maybe he was counting the LEDs on the grills of the speakers .. :)

He was counting the moving heads along with the two LED pars on the ground.

My OCD is killing me with the wires. True that with all the lights off you may not see it, but it could be cleaned up to look more professional. Is there a reason the QSC subs are on what looks like to be a piece of cloth/carpet and the JBL's aren't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll reserve comment on the sound/lighting setup. I think it speaks for itself. However, what are the sticks in the flower pots?

It's his protection from the high schoolers. I see cloth hanging across the tops of the poles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: steve149
Yes, the poles are to keep the kids off the equipment. Unsure about the carpet under some of the subs.