Serato DJ on sale for $49.50

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Handinon

DJ Extraordinaire
Oct 1, 2014
Title says it all - this is the lowest price I've ever seen it on sale for. You do not need this if you have a "Serato DJ Enabled" controller - you do if you only have a "Serato DJ Upgrade Ready" controller.
Hardware

This is not a commercial for Serato DJ. It's good, but it has it's own set of screwy idiosyncrasies, and the newest versions run best on Intel i5 or i7 cpu's. Current version is 1.9.6, but I run version 1.9.1 on my older laptops, which you can still download. It has good Forum support, including some real crazy people that the worst here at ODJT couldn't even stand in their shadow.

IMHO, it's real strength is it's Library Management, and it is relatively intuitive in operation - it is the one I always go back to after trying something "newer" or 'better".

Hate is such a strong word, unless it's used in context with Rap music, Federal Income Tax, or mushrooms in food!! How come you don't like it?
Whoa, whoa, whoa .. don't be dissing the fungi ...

Never mind you wouldn't understand. Just consider this that we all have our personal preferences. What one DJ may like, another will say no way.

I understand BPM within software quite well. Being that they ALL have this ability (and are fairly accurate), I'm not sure why you'd even say something like that. I'm perfectly ok with personal preference - but again, they ALL have BPM functions and they're ALL fairly accurate. None of them are perfect.

it's also FREE with many of the controllers, arguably the better ones.

Yep. I've never paid for Serato DJ. With Scratch Live it was always based on having compliant hardware like and SL box, or mixer that had one built in.

My SL2 still allows me to run Serato DJ when I'm not on a controller. And the SZ comes with it as well.

Reactions: ittigger
it's also FREE with many of the controllers, arguably the better ones.
I got the free full product upgrade when I bought my Denon 6000mk2.

Reactions: ittigger