Weddings Shoe Game... When?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I don't do it very often at all. But when I do, it's typically after the first dance set, but before cake cutting. Unless it is a VERY short reception, I try to get 30-45 minutes of dancing in before we cut the cake.

Reactions: BryanK
Typical here is entrance, toasts, dinner, cake, first then parent dances, open dancing, garter...money dance last and it's very common here.

More are doing entrance and first dance and cake cutting. Has one last week with the toasts AFTER dinner..first time for that.

anniversary dances are good - i've been pushing them more especially if no garter (which is becoiming less common). What works VERY well is sending the people to the side of the dance floor, NOT back to their seats. Then do another slow dance 'dedicated to all the married couples' - you have an instantly full dance floor!

Shoe thing..seen it twice maybe in 12 years (as a photog). last month a Dj did it..old school dj..old school gear and attitude too..he did it about 9:30 with a 10pm end time for the reception. Real energy killer.

In my region, it was a hard fought battle to get the first dance performed immediately after introductions, which is the first item on the entire day's agenda. Banquets resisted fiercely as they do to anything progressive. For them it's all about them.

The thought process that eventually sold it was reminding the bride that it will be the last time all day her bridal attendants, the groomsmen, maybe her folks, and perhaps even her new husband will be fully clothed, in one place, and sober for the remainder of the event. It also minimizes the risk of meal and beverage spills on her dress; her hair is still relatively in place; and everyone's energy is not bogged down by food bloated bellies. Sell the bride first, then she'll go to war with the facilities.

The Compatibility Quiz (the Shoe Game has about a much nomenclature appeal as poop on a stick) is done after the first full complete dance set after dinner. It's sandwiched after the Parent Dances but before the cake under the premise that we'll see if they are really compatible in order to righteously cut the cake.

I had a wedding this year with very little dancing. The shoe game got thrown in there when the dance floor was dead. If I do the shoe game it's done sometime along with other similar events, bouquet toss, anniversay dance etc. before dancing gets underway.

Reactions: maestro
Never if given the choice ;) But I'm not usually given the choice so I try to do it after the speeches and before the first dance

Reactions: B-Sharp
Only did it once...
and I put it in that uncomfortable lull between the end of dinner and the start of the program.
Fills that boring void and doesn't affect the venue clearing the tables.

Just wondering where in the program you all fit in the Shoe Game when the couple requests it. I normally do it like this... last speech, Shoe Game, cake cutting, then first dance. What about you?
can you email me the question to do the so game and what actually what to say to start it..please.it will help.never done it before,thank u so much for your [email protected]