Someone just tried to scam me on Craigslist.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I made a post on both forums that I have a pair of TV stands for sell. They were to be used for the business but I decided it was too costly to do so and too much work involved. I also put an ad on Craigslist as well yesterday. I got a text message today or either late last night expressing interest in the TV stands. I know they got the info from Craigdlist because that's the only place where I posted my phone number.

They texted me telling me they wanted them. They text me back asking for my full name and address. I sent them that. They then went on to say they were going to send me a money order for the money. I knew then something was up. I saw the phone number and the area code was 214. So I knew then it was a phone number nowhere near here. I called the number and Google came on telling me the person is unavailable and to leave a message. I did so. After that I get another text saying they were going to send me the money order and hope I was honest. They were to send me this money order and for me to deposit the money order and when it cleared to send them the remaining money back to them.

I text them back that I have a business and this is real. I told them to get smart and try to scam someone else. I made it very clear the transaction is to be local pickup only. Since the number came up from Texas hat surely gave them away. Not to mention who sends someone money to pay for something that they don't know the person and want to trust them? Nobody! Especially them sending you more money then you want to sell the item for. Then trusting you that you will send back the extra money to them? Been here before and I know it's a scam. I did think I should have had them send me the fake money order and when it gets here to tear it up. Then text them telling them what I did.

If I did look to send them the extra money back it wouldn't come back to an address. It would more then likely go to a P.O. box.

If I did look to send them the extra money back it wouldn't come back to an address. It would more then likely go to a P.O. box.
Mix, No extra money. Yes , It's a scam for about the third of fourth time!!

Mix, No extra money. Yes , It's a scam for about the third of fourth time!!
Why are you so upset. I just said I know it's a scam. I just don't know why they don't come up with a better way to try to scam someone then that. That's just too obvious!

Oh I'm sorry I did hear about someone getting taken from FB. Somehow they couldn't get on their FB page and had someone say to them for them to pay this amount of money to rectify the situation. The person got their info and cleaned them out. They were at the FBI office when it happened. I've gotten a message that something is wrong with my PC and I need to pay this amount to get things fixed. I never have paid anybody a dime to fix my PC online.

Last edited:
It must be Monday ;)

Slow news day ...

Pretty sure everyone on here has gotten one of these. You know what we do..... WE DO NOT RESPOND AND WE DO NOT POST ABOUT IT BECAUSE NO ONE CARES!.
I just wonder how many people do they get with that one? You're going to send me more money then a thing cost or what I'm to be paid and I'm to send money back to you. TOO FUNNY!

That's weird. This happened on Craigslist? I've never heard of such a thing happening there.

thay get enough people to keep doing it, some people do stupid things as you yourself quite regularly make us aware of
I just don't tell everyone , I'm stupid

Reactions: PhaseIIPro
And yes Mix .. no one has left you $5 million over in Europe or Africa.

And yes Mix .. no one has left you $5 million over in Europe or Africa.

That's right Mix because they left it for me they promised to send it by Friday :)