Weddings Speaker placement at ceremonies?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
your not going to be running around with speakers every 5mins because its in a shot.
Who said anything about moving them?

They should be correctly placed to begin with.

There is NO REASON the speakers need to be placed in a manner which makes them stick out like a sore thumb during the ceremony.

And this isn't just about the pictures. Or the photographer's pictures.

What about the guests? Here they are, sitting in this beautiful location, facing forward, looking at the bridal party, and they can't accomplish that without the DJ or DJ's gear getting in the way? WTF?

If live musicians can figure out how to be heard and not seen, why can't DJs?

If live musicians can figure out how to be heard and not seen, why can't DJs?
You lost me on this one. If there is a Trio (Live Musicians) how can they be heard and not seen? Are you saying they are behind a wall or something? I see you have been hanging out with LeBlanc.:tribiggrin:

No.

I'm saying they set up off to the side, where they are unobtrusive.

Sure, they can be seen, and can be in pictures.

But they are not in the same area as what is supposed to be the focus of attention.

The only way they are seen is if a guest makes the effort to turn their head.

The only way they appear in the photo is if the photographer is making a VERY wide group shot.

The obvious exception is during the processional and recessional, where the focus of attention is no longer at the front.

No.

I'm saying they set up off to the side, where they are unobtrusive.

Sure, they can be seen, and can be in pictures.

But they are not in the same area as what is supposed to be the focus of attention.

The only way they are seen is if a guest makes the effort to turn their head.

The only way they appear in the photo is if the photographer is making a VERY wide group shot.

The obvious exception is during the processional and recessional, where the focus of attention is no longer at the front.
I would think any DJ worth his salt would also set up on the side away from the main focus. The speakers location will be determined by the projection points facing the audience. So what is your point? I don't see the preacher going off to the side, do you?

I would think any DJ worth his salt would also set up on the side away from the main focus.
If that was true, this thread wouldn't even exist.

I don't see the preacher going off to the side, do you?
Don't you think the preacher is an integral part of the ceremony?

On the flip side, you should see a ceremony where I am presiding. As much as possible, I stay in the background, and keep the focus on the bride and groom.

Just today, I got a call from the bride from last week. She told me that many of her guests remarked that they had never before been at a wedding where the saw the bride's and groom's faces, until it was over. That's one of the things I make a point of. It's not about me. I get the bride & groom facing each other and/or the guests. Keep the focus on them, where it belongs.

If that was true, this thread wouldn't even exist.

Don't you think the preacher is an integral part of the ceremony?

On the flip side, you should see a ceremony where I am presiding. As much as possible, I stay in the background, and keep the focus on the bride and groom.

Just today, I got a call from the bride from last week. She told me that many of her guests remarked that they had never before been at a wedding where the saw the bride's and groom's faces, until it was over. That's one of the things I make a point of. It's not about me. I get the bride & groom facing each other and/or the guests. Keep the focus on them, where it belongs.

I've only had a couple weddings where the minister had his back to the guests & the B&G were facing their guests. I thought this was a FABULOUS idea. I wonder why more ministers don't do this?

To get back on the topic, I have also attended wedding ceremonies where the DJ had cords/cables strewn everywhere. The bride/bridal party had to step over cords & then he had a big honkin' mic stand with a corded mic right in the middle of them......a total distraction & looked awful. I think this DJ was clueless on how to position his equipment, (so cords weren't in the walkways) and he was stuck in the 1970s & was afraid of using wireless mics.

I've only had a couple weddings where the minister had his back to the guests & the B&G were facing their guests. I thought this was a FABULOUS idea. I wonder why more ministers don't do this?
That was not what I intended to imply, although I do occasionally do that.

What I meant was, in my ceremony, I stand between the wedding party and the wall. The bride & groom and party face me while I do my opening remarks about how marriage is heavy-duty, etc. After that first minute, I turn the bride & groom towards the guests, and the party turns onto a 45° angle towards the B&G and guests. I remain behind them, but the guests are no longer looking at me.

I generally step aside later, during the last couple minutes, so that the B&G are in the spotlight, and I am no longer in the picture.

FYI: My typical ceremony lasts 10 to 15 minutes.

see I knew this topic would get HOTTER!!

every setup I do is always different - never in the same place twice!!