Interactive DJs Sweet 16 ideas

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

stewsdjrescue

New DJ
Sep 2, 2007
MD
www.impactdj.com
I was just wondering what everyone is doing for Sweet 16s. Normally if it is a big crowd with mixed guys and girls or dates I can let them do their thing. However, I was wondering for those cases where either there is a small crowd or if its primarily girls. What type of interactive things do you do with them? Games, special songs, different music than normal, etc? Since these types of crowds can usually become awkward (for guests), what types of things do you do to keep the party going?

Thanks!

Do a beach or luau theme and you can have hula hoops or limbo and stuff like that. I did one where they were wear bikinis because we were by the beach and after the sun went down they brought out a chocolate fountain and the girls started smearing the chocolate on their bodies and dancing with the boys.... true story...

A 16 year old girls day consists of school then home taking pictures of themselves to post on Facebook. Incorporate that into your party.

Here is a sample way to do that:

"The Runway Model Contest"
Props are not really needed but make the bit a little more exciting.

Props; funky hats, feather boas, glitter jackets, glasses, etc...

How the bit is run: Each contestant must walk the runway first down the middle, stop strike a pose, then back and to the right , pose, to the left, pose, back to middle final pose and off. (I have found if you walk it to show them first as your explaining there is no confusion.) ask the other girls to take pictures and post to Facebook. In the end you line your contestants up and have the audience choose, by applause, your winner.

Hope this helps.
Paul

All Sweet 16 events change from people to people

Incorporating Karaoke has worked for me, you can also create as much of a "Club" atmosphere as possible. Different groups of kids will be entertained by different things, some kids have already seen it all, that's where I usually have problems.

A "Shout Out" dance can work, give the guest of honor a cordless mic, have the other guests circle up around them, play a great tempo recent song and have the guest of honor shout out the name of one of her friends, that person must get in the circle and do a dance while the others clap to the music, give them 20 seconds and have another name "shouted out". You can spice it up with some mic work, "Go Ashley, Go Ashley", "Do the Ashley dance", etc. End it with everyone jumping in the circle and have one of the hottest new tunes cued up and let them go nuts.