There's a New Audio Brand - Avante

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
ADJ (American DJ) is creating a new higher end brand called Avante. Avante Website

First up is a new series of speakers:

upload_2017-6-13_21-5-18.jpeg

upload_2017-6-13_21-6-14.png
upload_2017-6-13_21-6-47.png

Hasnt Avante been around for forever

I can remember when my Dad had a pair in the 70's
not like the ones above of course but the brand name AVANTE

Reactions: steve149
Reactions: DjDennis
LOL thats the ones but they are too far away for me to do a pickup

most gumtree ads are local and only do pickups
now if it was ebay different matter

anyway off to smash a few songs ......

They won't sell many units. The Powered Speaker market is saturated. I have been hearing that sales are slowing at stores. I wonder if there is any statistical info online into the growth or retraction of the industry

They won't sell many units. The Powered Speaker market is saturated. I have been hearing that sales are slowing at stores. I wonder if there is any statistical info online into the growth or retraction of the industry
If you take care of them they last very well I have Mackie SRM 450's that are well over ten years old, there is very little that is revolutionary to increase sales, if they hadn't invented powered speakers think of how many people would still be using old passive gear, I have a lot of 20 year old speakers that still sound great

Last edited:
Reactions: MIXMASTERMACHOM

Thia is my quote from another that "other" site on "the power ratings games continue" -

"Class D amps have been around long enough that everyone is using them, but all the manufacturer's are running into the same problem, the physical constraints of direct radiator loudspeakers - further "improvements" are now coming from the ad department in marketing, not real hardware improvements.

An incandescent light bulb and a direct radiator loudspeaker actually have very similar efficiencies in converting electricity into light (the light bulb) and sound (the speaker). It is actually very low, in the neighborhood of 2%. Try and remove a 100 watt light bulb (that's been on) with your hands. Now imagine the voice coil assembly of your poor loudspeaker having to deal with 5 times that amount of heat, which is 500 watts.

The actual speaker driver manufacturer (which is not always the same as the system manufacturer - i.e. Eminence and B&C) design the speaker so that as the cone moves in and out, air is pumped around the voice coil assembly, cooling it. There are limits - the glues and epoxies used in construction can only take so much heat - and those limits have been reached.

There are two real benefits to self-powered speakers that are now popular with mobile DJ's. #1 is convenience and #2 is idiot proofing - most have limiters built into them that prevents destruction of the speaker, but which also further limits it's maximum acoustic output."

I think DJ Ricky B is right - almost everyone who's thought of getting them , already has them - and the newer one's (perhaps with exception of the DSP's) aren't really acoustically better. Laws of Physics.

ADJ (American DJ) is creating a new higher end brand called Avante. Avante Website

Interesting that they describe the line as a premium brand but also mention affordable prices... you really can't have both. Even more interesting that the product lineup consists of just five speakers... a 10", a 12", a 15", and two subwoofers - a 15" and an 18". That's not a brand, it's a product line.

I'm willing to bet that "Avante" was created because the perception of "American" things outside of the U.S. is in a freefall. Aside from the physical look of the cabinets, there's nothing so new and groundbreaking about the innards that they couldn't have slapped an American Audio badge on the front. On the other hand, call it "Avante" and leave off any reference to "American" (short of a single mention of "ADJ" in the press release) and you've got a fresh and marketable brand, ready for worldwide distribution.

Want proof? Go to the US website for American DJ... there's no mention of Avante, not even under "New Products": DJ Lighting Packages | DJ Lighting Equipment | Strobe Light Effect

Next, go to ADJ's European site: Home page - ADJ Group. Not only is the entire Avante line shown under "New Products", it's the first option in the menu under "Audio".

Interesting that they describe the line as a premium brand but also mention affordable prices... you really can't have both. Even more interesting that the product lineup consists of just five speakers... a 10", a 12", a 15", and two subwoofers - a 15" and an 18". That's not a brand, it's a product line.

I'm willing to bet that "Avante" was created because the perception of "American" things outside of the U.S. is in a freefall. Aside from the physical look of the cabinets, there's nothing so new and groundbreaking about the innards that they couldn't have slapped an American Audio badge on the front. On the other hand, call it "Avante" and leave off any reference to "American" (short of a single mention of "ADJ" in the press release) and you've got a fresh and marketable brand, ready for worldwide distribution.

Want proof? Go to the US website for American DJ... there's no mention of Avante, not even under "New Products": DJ Lighting Packages | DJ Lighting Equipment | Strobe Light Effect

Next, go to ADJ's European site: Home page - ADJ Group. Not only is the entire Avante line shown under "New Products", it's the first option in the menu under "Audio".
Honestly they would have been better off to not associate it with America DJ/Audio in any way shape or form, I think it adds a rather "cheap" connotation to the line

There is nothing in the specs of these speakers (again, not counting the DSP) that looks different than 99% of the rest of the market.

"Sound" is where it's at, and more companies need to have speakers like RCF's 12" HD-32A or RCF's 15" ART745-A, with (respectively) 700 Hz and 650 Hz crossovers. How do they do that? By using big, expensive compression drivers. 3 way loudspeakers were also great, but most were big and heavy. Get the midrange out of the big woofer.

Reactions: ittigger

You might be correct.

Reactions: ittigger
I think I'm Premium AND Affordable ... :) or maybe I'm just the Value brand.

ADJ also decided to "re-brand" their lighting products at "Elation"...
and it never really took off.
I see the same outcome for these.

If you don't think your brand is solid enough that you feel the need to call it something else...
the new name is not gonna help the situation.

ADJ also decided to "re-brand" their lighting products at "Elation"...
and it never really took off.
I see the same outcome for these.

If you don't think your brand is solid enough that you feel the need to call it something else...
the new name is not gonna help the situation.

Take a look at - www.elationprofessional.com

Reactions: Ausumm