This is hitting way below the belt.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Lol, it really is hilarious that he won't answer the question. He will avoid any real questions asked of him.

Reactions: SEDJ
The Main reason I quit is because I realized I was putting wear and tear on my car, and only yielding about 8 bucks an hour after expenses. It wasn't worth it at all to me. In order to earn $150 in a night here in Baltimore, you have to go out and work between 5pm and 3 am on Friday and Saturday night. ...$150 - gas expenses for 10 hours of work isn't worth it to me..

Wow I would have thought a large city like Baltimore would be a gold mine. Back in the taxi days on an average Friday or Saturday I could take in $250. On a busy night it could be over $400. $100-$150 would be an average weeknight. The shifts were 10- 12+ hours though usually and expenses are high between fuel and repairs. Insurance was a killer too. At the end of it I was in the $1600/car range which was the top rate pretty much

I always put $125/week/car for repairs. I didn't use it every week but I knew sure as the sun rises when I had a repair there wouldn't be much left

Wow I would have thought a large city like Baltimore would be a gold mine. Back in the taxi days on an average Friday or Saturday I could take in $250. On a busy night it could be over $400. $100-$150 would be an average weeknight. The shifts were 10- 12+ hours though usually and expenses are high between fuel and repairs. Insurance was a killer too. At the end of it I was in the $1600/car range which was the top rate pretty much

I always put $125/week/car for repairs. I didn't use it every week but I knew sure as the sun rises when I had a repair there wouldn't be much left

The drivers sometimes get lucky with a big fare during surge. However, in Baltimore, most riders are going like .75 to 1.5 miles to their destination. Most fares are like $6 to maybe $16, and no tips with Uber. Also, Uber takes 20%, and 28% for UberXL which is what I had since I was an SUV(but rates were a bit higher). You do $200 in fares, make maybe $150 for the night before expenses. It might be Baltimore, but there are A TON of Uber Drivers out there looking to make money. Demand is there, but not over the top. Uber drivers during the week might make $40 for morning rush, maybe another $40 to $75 at night on a week night. It's a lot of hours to break $100 on a weekday.

I'd rather work a 4 hour shift for Amazon Flex, earn $72 for the day, and be home by 4 or 5 pm. I could always pick up a 2nd shift at night, work a 5 to 9 delivering, and pull $144 for the day on a double...but it's a lot of walking, and I don't want to take chances delivering in a bad area in the city at night time.

It's good for extra money. Go to pick up center. Scan packages...Load into vehicle. Confirm packages. Get the route set up in the app, and start delivering anywhere between 35 and 60 packages depending on if you are lucky or unlucky. Get to listen to music, and deliver at your own pace. Once done, go do whatever you want!

Yes I understand that but you said they won't pay $500 for a DJ at that location. She wanted you for $200 yet she spend $900 on food. What does she put value in?
Again I don't know what she spent on what. I was just throwing a number out there. I've been the DJ there where to cover the cost for the food which really pays for renting the space, they have had people pay a certain amount so they could attend. That way they didn't have to come out of their pocket. I'm talking what my best friends wife has done in the past.

The point is what it cost for a client to have an event in a venue is none of my business. That;s on them. If it's a personal friend then I may ask them for future reference. Someone looking for a venue to have an event I can give them suggestions based on their budget if I know the cost of the venue and what their plans are. Like I said my thing for me is what am I to be paid to do the event. That's my top priority once I find out the details for the event and if I'm the right fit for the event.

What about the question asked of you, Do you pay taxes on your DJ income???

After splitting his money with his partners, other dj's, roadies and such, I doubt that he makes over the $600 it would take per year to be taxed. It's really amazing how he avoids answering questions, when always wants answers to his questions asked here.

Mix you are the right fit for about .015% of the gigs out there. Also seems like in your area $200 is the Avg rate and the high end is $300-500. So you adjust what you are trying to charge.

Also how about that Tax question. What deduction do you take when you file?

I'm not going to drop a name here but this guy has played at large festivals and been around the world. If he did do an event for her for $200 then it might have been a nice favor. I don't know if what she said is true or not. AGAIN I I have one person I control and that's me.

Mix by all means drop a name, I've done festivals and been out of my state but THAT doesn't make me famous

Reactions: ittigger
This is my opinion, from a guy who wouldn't be in this business if it weren't for a generous local DJ who supplied me with gigs, equipment, and music. I started out in, and still work a multi-op.

If you are a potential DJ looking to get into the biz, and don't have a way in...it's perfect!
If you have some chops, have your own gear, and you can book your own gigs for much more...
you don't want to work for them, and they probably don't want you, either. (cause you cost too much)
These guys are NOT looking to hire DJ's like the ones on this board.

Last edited: