This just in---THE WORST 90'S SONGS are...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJMC

DJ
Oct 19, 2006
Northern California
http://www.nbc10.com/slideshow/boredroom/13714219/detail.html

"Achy Breaky Heart"
"2 Legit 2 Quit"
"Strait Playin' " by Shaq
"Crazy Cool" by Paula Abdul
"Rico Suave"
"Love Is A Wonderful Thing" by Michael Bolton
"I'll Be Your Everything" by Tommy Page
"Play That Funky Music" by Vanilla Ice
"You Are Not Alone" by MJ
"Hold On" by Wilson Phillips
"Macarena"
anything by Limp Bizkit
"How Bizarre" by OMC
"Mambo No. 5"
"Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba
"Its All About The Benjamins" by Puff Daddy
"Everyday" by Phil Collins
"Cat's In The Cradle" by Ugly Kid Joe
"I'm Too Sexy"
"November Rain" by G N' R
"Let Her Cry" by Hootie & Blowfish
"Make 'em Say Ughhh" by Master P
"Whoomp There It Is" by Tag Team
"Baby I Love Your Way" by Big Mountain
"To Be With You" by Mr. Big
"OPP" -- Naughty by Nature

IMHO....they missed a few, which I'll add:

"Baby One More Time" (or anything by Britney Spears)
"Thong Song" by Sisqo
"Barbie Girl" by Aqua
anything by Kenny G
anything by NKOTB
anything by Ricky Martin

My wife and daughter STILL love Lou Bega & Mambo #5.....which is probably why it still gets requested a lot at events, and still gets played. Is it one of the "worst" ?....only if you consider the Vengaboys cheesy as well (and I do not).

"I'm Too Sexy" is a staple of groomsmen and frat parties.
Its a regular request for Garter/Bouquet music, and therefore not one of the "worst," in my opinion.

I didn't read the article (it's Friday, and I'm working on a buzz :)), but I like some of those songs.

I like:

Mambo #5
Achy Breaky Heart
Macarena
Let Her Cry
Baby I Love Your Way

Then again, I was in S. Florida for most of the 90s, listening to Jimmy on a boat, so most of the 90s music didn't get played out in my ears... :sqbiggrin:

November Rain:sqerr: please
Opp has never failed me

Well I'm gonna rant lets talk about a few of these songs, now I was not DJ'ing when Mambo #5 came out Or Rick Martins hit singles were big but these songs were a staple at alot of clubs and live events (I was a regular club hopper) I do believe most of you guys played them as they were sure crowd pleasers and party activators.

Isn't it funny todays big smashes are tomorrows CHEESE ....Humm...... How Bizarre! by OMC:sqwink:

Hey,now....easy on that OPP! I was a big Naughty By Nature fan. The best were "Feel Me Flow" (with the snowboarding video) and "Clap Yo' Hands", but they had quite a few.

And a great number of extremely attractive 30ish ladies at multitude of events I've done would take umbrage at the inclusion of Wilson Phillips in that list. Usually they ask for the song, then I play it and they run up squeamishly, then they tell me how they used to sing that in their bedroom standing on the bed, then they hold up that imaginary microphone and start screaming the song, then........... oh, nevermind. :sqembarrassed:

I'm kinda confused where the "worst" designation comes from... most of those songs were very popular both on radio and the dancefloor during their time.

I'll keep this list to play the worst of the worst... at a show and see how it goes down

Hmmm... now I know where my missing iPod went... they must have found it. ;)

J/K - would you believe for the "geek" that I am (wearing a Darth Vader t-shirt as I type this. LOL) that I I don't even own an iPod.

Ben