This Saturdays wedding is going to be a hot mess.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
The point is when you use top of the line gear it's highly unlikely you will damage something. Especially when you know what you're doing.
Well .. how does that explain you blowing up your Denon??

The point is when you use top of the line gear it's highly unlikely you will damage something. Especially when you know what you're doing.
Anything can break... $2000 moving heads have broken, tv's have dropped and cracked, $1500 tops have had parts go bad or get loose. Sometimes it's user error, sometimes its just bad luck. You never know.

You have nice stuff mix, but don't get it twisted, your not using top of the line gear. As demonstrated in an earlier post, you have no concept on what is considered top of the line, or high end. The more you open your mouth, the more your play yourself. Don't think that things can't happen to you, because of the type gear you own. I've seen full blown concert systems that because of a fluke, or bad power have lost racks of amps, stacks of speakers, and boards that cost up to 100k. Never say never my friend. My father in law just purchased a $160,000 mercedes, and its broken down a couple of times in a few months. Shit happens.

Really?

I'll put my working knowledge up against almost anyone and I've blown speakers twice...Cerwin Vega and Bose to be exact. is that high end enough for you? Lost a Carver amp one night too. You really have no idea what could go wrong...

Last edited:
You have nice stuff mix, but don't get it twisted, your not using top of the line gear. As demonstrated in an earlier post, you have no concept on what is considered top of the line, or high end. The more you open your mouth, the more your play yourself. Don't think that things can't happen to you, because of the type gear you own. I've seen full blown concert systems that because of a fluke, or bad power have lost racks of amps, stacks of speakers, and boards that cost up to 100k. Never say never my friend. My father in law just purchased a $160,000 mercedes, and its broken down a couple of times in a few months. Shit happens.
Simple question to you. What do you call top of the line gear and do need names?

Simple question to you. What do you call top of the line gear and do need names?

Danley, KV2, JTR, Bassboss, RCF(Upper lines), EAW, TAD audio LAB, K-Array, Nexo, Camco, Lab Gruppen, Crown(macrotech/IT series), QSC(powerlite series), XTA, BSS, Bozack, Urei.
Do you Want me to go on? Most companies offer mid level affordable items but some don't, and only offer high-end.

Your stuff is nice, and decent quality gear, but for most of the people on here that have been around the block a few times it wouldn't be considered as you call it high-end. Oh, and some of the companies listed are sister companies, or owned by companies you might be more familiar with.

Maybe the next time I'm in the Newark area I can stop by and show you how to wire your gear, and let you know what the little knobs on the back of your speakers are used for.

This way you won't need a battle buddy to help you on a gig, and can keep the whole $150.

Last edited:
Macho,

Did you get my answer to this question?
He didn't like it because you didn't mention Yamaha JRX, Yamaha DSR, CV Earthquakes or Yorkville .. :)

He didn't like it because you didn't mention Yamaha JRX, Yamaha DSR, CV Earthquakes or Yorkville .. :)
Steve I had a pair of JRX 125 speakers. I eventually sold them because I kept blowing the crossoversin them. Pure Junk. They should have made them better because the sound was nice.

Steve I had a pair of JRX 125 speakers. I eventually sold them because I kept blowing the crossoversin them. Pure Junk. They should have made them better because the sound was nice.

I can't speak for the 125s but I ran the 115s for 6 or 7 years often full out and beyond never had an issue. They still work great

Mea culpa .. I posted Yamaha JRX .. meant Yamaha S215 (since his double 15s are Yamaha).

Reactions: ittigger