Turbosound iNSPIRE iP1000

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

sonic-vision

All good things come to an end
ODJT Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
central Ohio
My local Dealer said ( Stop in a take a listen.) Anybody checked out the Turbosound iNSPIRE iP1000 $799.00

Key Features

• 1,000W powered column loudspeaker
  • Dual 8in subwoofer
  • Nine Neodymium drivers
  • Klark Teknik Spatial Sound Technology
  • On-board digital mixer fully controllable? via iPhone/iPad

I haven't heard the ip1000, but I did get ip2000s' (bigger brother) when they first came out. The ip1000 and ip2000s were initially released with a $200 lower retail price than what they are priced at now. Personally I don't know if I would have gotten them at the price they are now. The combination of the low price, decent quality (birch plywood base) and other nice features are what sold me. To me out of the box, the ip2000 is too mid frequency heavy for music playback. I use the "Club" preset and it sounds much better. Both column speakers have a compression super tweeter driver not found in many column speakers in this class and gives it that sparkle. The bluetooth remote control/monitoring app is a nice handy feature, but is only ios compatible for now. Turbosound facebook said they were working on an android version a few months ago, but it hasn't been released yet. I'm hoping it will see the light. I don't really use the bluetooth music streaming feature, but it is also a nice to have.

As far as the sound of the ip2000, with the "Club" preset, they sound fine and they get loud enough for what they are. Definitely not as loud as a decent traditional 12" PA speaker, but since they have the array characteristics the sound doesn't have to be as loud up front since the sound drop off is reduced. It's a different kind of sound experience. You get the benefit of additional bass output with the subwoofer base on the floor vs a 12" PA speaker up in the air on a tripod that doesn't use a subwoofer. I'm not crazy about the ip1000's long column. I think the 2 part column of the ip2000 seems more portable. If you are the kind of person who throws their speakers around, I would not suggest getting column speakers even if you get the must have speaker covers :) You also have to make sure people don't try to lean on them, kind of like that phenomenon where people just love to place their drinks on subwoofers.

You can always add 15" or 18" subwoofers and external crossover to cover larger crowds. There are advantages and disadvantages using column speakers vs. traditional PA speakers.

I haven't heard them but would be inclined to go with the ip2000 over the 1000, especially if as was mentioned, you want to have the scalability to be able to mount the unit on top of an 18" sub and use the 12" in the turbosound as mid bass in a three way setup.

If I bought one of those array systems I would do something similar.
I have a pair of prx418 subs that are vertically oriented to begin with and a column array mounted on top of that would look sharp I think while still maintaining a somewhat slim appearance/footprint.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonic-vision
iP3000 is now the latest and more powerful in the series. 16 larger 3.5" mid/high drivers, 2 compression super tweeter horn drivers and a double 12" subwoofer with a nice higher spl looks good on paper. You lose some in the portability and weight factor, but I would expect these to sound fuller and handle a good size crowd on their own with that double 12" sub. I also would expect these to be competitively priced. it will be interesting to hear these and know their price point.

iP3000 | Portable Speakers | Loudspeaker Systems | Turbosound | Categories | MUSIC Group

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/images..._ip3000whb_wheel_board_for_ip3000_1351104.jpg

$149.00 for bass plate. Turbo does have the accessory's.

iP3000 is now the latest and more powerful in the series. 16 larger 3.5" mid/high drivers, 2 compression super tweeter horn drivers and a double 12" subwoofer with a nice higher spl looks good on paper. You lose some in the portability and weight factor, but I would expect these to sound fuller and handle a good size crowd on their own with that double 12" sub. I also would expect these to be competitively priced. it will be interesting to hear these and know their price point.

iP3000 | Portable Speakers | Loudspeaker Systems | Turbosound | Categories | MUSIC Group