Update on the office space

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
Haven't updated you guys on the new office space lately. In pretty short order, it's changing the way we do business. Having meetings there is a completely different animal than sbux or panera. I have a 50" TV which plays a constant slideshow and we use a Bose Soundlink mini to play some light music for ambiance. Last week, we had 1 sales meetings ($3.4k sale booked) , a bridal session and a headshot session for a country music artist. This week, I have 3 sales meetings and almost certain to book this evening (they attended one of our weddings last year). When prospects contact us now, I usually start just enough conversation to get them talking then ask if they want a meeting at our office. We share space with a record exec and the first thing they see when they walk in is a wall full of gold records. Seems to have a pretty dramatic impact.

I have to be honest, it's a bit more tiresome for me as each evening I feel like I'm leaving the 1st job and headed to the 2nd. The bridal last week was really cool. When the girl got there she noticed we had a 16X20 canvas from her engagement session. My wife gifted it to her and she displayed it at this past weekend's wedding (the one where I played the wrong 1st dance song), along with a gorgeous 16X20 print from the session. Incidentally, here's the bridal session from that bride, which was done in our tiny little office space. The shot she used was top-left, 2nd photo.

Sneak Peek

I'm still hustling to make it happen but things are falling in line probably better than I expected. Looking forward to watch it develop as time goes on.

I have never thought it was necessary to have an office for a mobile DJ business.
Now that you and the family are doing "multi-tasking on steroids"...
I think it was a very smart thing to do.
Share some pics!

No modesty here: thebestnashvilleweddingphotographer.com :)

Tastes definitely differ .. I would have gone, personally, for a different shot .. this one has what seems to be a more natural smile ...

upload_2017-7-3_13-7-30.png

Reactions: sonic-vision
Tastes definitely differ .. I would have gone, personally, for a different shot .. this one has what seems to be a more natural smile ...

My wife was just certain the bride would choose those blue background shots (she photoshopped in the background). I actually liked the one she picked but one thing about photography, we're learning that everyone has a different opinion and there's simply no way to guess what a client's going to like or not like. I will say though that those shots were very flattering to the bride. She's an absolute sweetheart. I only wish that every client could be like this couple is.

Reactions: steve149
Reactions: Ausumm
Mike, here are some pics from the office after our meeting last night (landed a gig for 10/7 btw)

Wifey just hung some new pics on the walls. Still have some more to go.

photo backdrop

This is the front reception area. The gold records belong to our landlord. The artist is Sandi Patty (Christian artist)

So how much is it costing you for liability insurance for your new office?

The uplighting is a nice touch.
If you aren't using the chest for anything other than a tv stand, I would suggest that you get rid of it and wall mount the tv to maximize your floor space.

Reactions: awalker19