USB cable length

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
15 feet before line attenuation will require a repeater/booster.

Reactions: ittigger
They look to be solidly made and the optional right angle connector is useful .. NOT sure how they can be "audio" optimized, as the USB signal is digital and the same for any connected device.

There is a ferrule on both ends of the cable. I think at one point I read that it was intended to reduce any interference. But, again.. I can't really make any claims except that they've been really good for me. I also like the bright colors in a club environment. Much easier to find my cable when I'm cleaning up.

There is a ferrule on both ends of the cable. I think at one point I read that it was intended to reduce any interference. But, again.. I can't really make any claims except that they've been really good for me. I also like the bright colors in a club environment. Much easier to find my cable when I'm cleaning up.
No .. I'd buy them as well .. but if the ferrite is needed to suppress noise for audio, it's needed to suppress noise for hard drives and such too. The only analog line going across is the ground (if connected).

Reactions: ittigger and DJ TJ
I have used the USB extenders for low speed needs (printers mainly). Not sure they would handle audio glitch free at distance. Have you used them to connect to a USB soundcard?

I have used the USB extenders for low speed needs (printers mainly). Not sure they would handle audio glitch free at distance. Have you used them to connect to a USB soundcard?

Nope... the ones (extenders) I have would not work for video or audio, but you can get some that will for $50-$60. Still worth it if you need to connect from a long distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk