Weddings Wedding packages/plans?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Speaking on Weddings only and my market:

DJ Service: 4 hours sound system, music, planning, consultations... blah blah blah etc etc.... $499

Basic Lighting - $100
Advanced Lighting - $175
Up Lighting (4 lights) - $100
Karaoke - $175
Additional Hours - $150.00

Pretty straight forward.....

Speaking on Weddings only and my market:

DJ Service: 4 hours sound system, music, planning, consultations... blah blah blah etc etc.... $499

Basic Lighting - $100
Advanced Lighting - $175
Up Lighting (4 lights) - $100
Karaoke - $175
Additional Hours - $150.00

Pretty straight forward.....

Currently,
DJ Service: 4 hours Bose L1 sound system, music, planning, consultations... $895

Basic Lighting - $100
Karaoke - $175
Additional Hours - $200.00
Wedding ceremony - same room - $150, different room, $200.
Cocktails different room, $150.

Oh I left out Ceremony + Reception....

I offer that up as a 6 hour package at $699.00 includes ceremony setup and reception setup...

And the the rest of the Add-ons....

Looks like are base prices are about the biggest difference between our markets.... guess that's the difference between NY and IN...

Oh I left out Ceremony + Reception....

I offer that up as a 6 hour package at $699.00 includes ceremony setup and reception setup...

And the the rest of the Add-ons....

Looks like are base prices are about the biggest difference between our markets.... guess that's the difference between NY and IN...

For 6 hours I run at $1250 or whatever my base is at the time.

Fridays/Sundays $100 less.

In the winter I generally offer more of a discount, Between $100-$300 off.

You're right..

If I were in the same market as you I certainly would be at or above the rates you are charging.... not just for competitiveness but because that's where I'd have to be in order to survive in that market and make money too.

I've been told I am too cheap. My rates will be going up in 2010. I'm thinking of $1200 base. $1500 all inclusive.

I've been told I am too cheap. My rates will be going up in 2010. I'm thinking of $1200 base. $1500 all inclusive.

Cool.... I get this reaction from time to time from clients checking price, "Oh WOW!!! That's a GREAT price!"

Which leads me to believe I'm priced undermarket.... but, every time I put my base price a little higher the next person is like, "OMG you're too expensive can ya do it any cheaper?"

Ugh!

Cool.... I get this reaction from time to time from clients checking price, "Oh WOW!!! That's a GREAT price!"

Which leads me to believe I'm priced undermarket.... but, every time I put my base price a little higher the next person is like, "OMG you're too expensive can ya do it any cheaper?"

Ugh!

Oh, let me count the times I've been told..."You're the first DJ we've spoken with" - "We're gonna sleep on it" - "Do you offer discounts"

It goes on...and on.....and on....

so Mitch where is your website

oh thats right you dont have one
- well you dont want anyone to see it

thats for sure

have a nice day

Dennis,

Why do you say no one can see it? I just did a google search for dj mitch taylor michigan which surely you can get that information from my profile here and the first three rankings are mine.

In regards to my having a website...uh, yes I do and it's open for everyone to see. The main page is actually being reworked right now but I'll let you see the old one and my blog if you like. http://www.updj.com/tayloredweddings/about_you.html and www.tayloredweddings.wordpress.com

I thought this was a thread about wedding packages/plans?

Not websites. Now we get into a debate about whose website is better?

Now...can we get back on topic of wedding packages/plans? I would strongly suggest people focus on the plan and not the package.

Do you guys have a structured price list?

Weddings: $450 - up to 6 hours
Other Parties: $350 - up to 4 hours

OT: $25/half hour
Ceremony: $150
Travel to Indianapolis or more than hour driving time one-way: $50/half hour
(So, if it takes 1:20 to get there, it's an extra $50, so $500 total for wedding.)

We don't do karaoke and likely never will, but we plan on adding uplighting for a charge TBD.

Private Parties..

I run at $150 per hour for most private parties, anniversaries, sweet 16s.

$100 hour for BBQs...basic parties..

Start at $1200 for Mitzvahs, daytime. $1500 nights.

These types of parties I don't mind putting prices on my web site.

The weddings I have an issue with...I don't know why...

The weddings I have an issue with...I don't know why...

If I were you, I would charge the same for a wedding as for a mitzvah. They are both special days that only happen once in a lifetime and require a neat, sleek appearance in equipment and apparel. They also both take more planning than an average party and require the talents of a good MC.

Is there something else that is keeping you from setting a rate on weddings?

We offer 3 basic packages & then allow add-ons to customize their package.

RECEPTION Wedding Package -

Up to 4 hours of music,
1 Disc Jockey/MC (Brandon),
1 Entertainment Coordinator (Kami),
Pre-Planning & Coordination of Reception,
1 Reception Sound System with Mackie Speakers,
2 wireless Audio-Technica handheld microphones,
and optional sound-activated light show .........................$1695

CEREMONY & RECEPTION Wedding Package -

Up to 5 hours of music,
Pre-Planning & Coordination of Customized Ceremony & Reception,
1 Ceremony Sound System with Mackie Speakers, including 2 wireless Audio-Technica microphones (handheld or lapel),
1 Reception Sound System with Mackie Speakers, including 2 wireless Audio-Technica microphones (handheld or lapel),
1 Memories CD with Recording of Vows, Formal Introductions & Toasts,
and optional sound-activated light show .........................$2195

The ULTIMATE Wedding Package -

Up to 5 hours of music,
Pre-Planning & Coordination of Customized Ceremony & Reception,
1 Ceremony Sound System with Mackie Speakers, including 2 wireless Audio-Technica microphones (handheld or lapel),
1 Reception Sound System with Mackie Speakers, including 2 wireless Audio-Technica microphones (handheld or lapel),
1 Photo Montage Creation (3 DVD copies) with Projector and Screen Rental,
1 Memories CD with Recording of Vows, Formal Introductions & Toasts,
1 Custom Recorded message for the specialty dance of your choice
and optional sound-activated light show .........................$2595

Additional Charges & Services -

Each additional hour of music - $200

Travel charge (if applicable) - $50 to $150

Projector and Screen Rental ONLY - $150

Photo Montage Creation ONLY - $350

1 Photo Montage Creation with Projector and Screen Rental - $450

1 Memories CD with Recording of Vows, Formal Introductions and Toasts - $125

1 Custom Recorded message for the specialty dance of your choice - $125

Ambience Lighting - Starts at $895

Custom monogram Projection - $200

Stock Image Projection - $100

Here's where the trouble lies in the packages. A lot of brides out there don't know what they want; they just want things done correctly. If I were in that position (and new jack squat about DJs or DJing), I would likely ask, with the plan of going for the lower-end pricing for just sound at the reception, and expecting to pay for overtime. However, I would be overwhelmed with the way that is written and would hope for a better explanation if I called.

Dennis,
I thought this was a thread about wedding packages/plans?

Not websites. Now we get into a debate about whose website is better?

Now...can we get back on topic of wedding packages/plans? I would strongly suggest people focus on the plan and not the package.

I wanted to see what plans you have
thats why I asked

I dont care if you dont have a website in your profile
thats why I asked since you didnt have it, then you didnt want anyone to see it

and NO its not about websites - oh and yours is faulty but hey you canfigure that out yourself then

have a nice day, I have seen yours who cares

back to topic

NO packages for me and I wont offer them either....

We are fairly straight forward. No prices on our website. Everything is in my head so when they ask I tailor there price for there event. But these prices are what I'm using. I'm not out to confuse.

1. Reception only with up to 6 hours: 700 dollars

2. Ceremony 1 hour: 150 dollars, second system added if need and at same location.

3. Basic Lighting: 100 dollars

4. Music Video Package: 100 dollars

5. Projector and Fast Fold 6 foot by 8 foot screen
rental. This includes playing a pre made photo montage
and our music video package: 125 dollars

6. Over Time: 150 Dollars per hour

7. Any travel over 50 miles: 50 dollars per 50 mile increase.

8. General Parties: 500 dollars 4 hours, no add ons.

9. Major Holiday Parties starting at: 800 dollars

I've been back and forth with pricing on the web site. If I were a part time DJ, meaning if I had a full time job and DJing came 2nd, then I wouldn't give a rats ass..

I do charge different for the day off the week. Why? Because I couldn't get $1200 for a Monday night wedding as compared to a Saturday. For example.

Sorry, but I have a hard time believing if a bride said I have $900 for my Sunday mid afternoon wedding for entertainment, you wouldn't take it although you charge $1400? I would. Oh that's right, you have a full time job and you don't need or want the work or the $$..

This is a good thread let's not turn it in to a part time Vs full time debate.....

As you were....