Weddings What do you charge?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Nope I just charge a fee that I feel is what I am worth. No more, no less...

So it has nothing to do with profit, expenses, whatever...? :sqconfused:

Remind me not to hire you as a CEO... ;)

Nope,,,,, and you are right I would be a terrible CEO,,, however, I have been a full time single system mobile dj for over 25 years and that has got me to the point where I live on a beautiful island,,,,, so I may not do things right, but I enjoy what I am doing... :)

Nope,,,,, and you are right I would be a terrible CEO,,, however, I have been a full time single system mobile dj for over 25 years and that has got me to the point where I live on a beautiful island,,,,, so I may not do things right, but I enjoy what I am doing... :)

Well, I don't suppose it would be wise for me to argue your point -- I enjoy what I do too :)

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), I have to work as a business. Many of us don't have a wife to fall back on for income, so we can't just charge what we like -- we have to work with the market... ;)

LOL,,,, a wife to fall back on???? how much money do you think bellydancers make? LOL

and BTW I make more than she does......

LOL,,,, a wife to fall back on???? how much money do you think bellydancers make? LOL

and BTW I make more than she does......

Per hour, or overall yearly gross revenue...?

I believe there are some DVD sales and such, training, shows, etc... ;)

In order for one to pick an arbitrary figure for their worth, there has to be other sources of income in play. If I were to audit your expense outlays for a given year (against your income), what would I come up with...?

Per hour, or overall yearly gross revenue...?

I believe there are some DVD sales and such, training, shows, etc... ;)

In order for one to pick an arbitrary figure for their worth, there has to be other sources of income in play. If I were to audit your expense outlays for a given year (against your income), what would I come up with...?

A headache... :tritongue:

A headache... :tritongue:

No worries Chucky -- I have bigger fish to fry than DJs... :)

Shoot, now I'm hungry again -- damn chink food -- only good for a couple hours... :D

Friday & Saturday are what I call premium nights and bring more, here in the Carolinas 600 is a good fair price for a wedding/party on those nights, I have done for more and a little less. A wife to fall back on, used to be my dj money went for some things, now it goes to help our other business most times,
A Sunday I will charge less because Sunday is like finding money in the street, hope this helps

600 includes up to 4 hours of music, usually an hour of lite jazz and then dancing , first dance songs, etc, and basic lights, Then someone says you are only working 4 hours , I say well I reserach and put all your music together and set up and breakdown, and consultation

600 includes up to 4 hours of music, usually an hour of lite jazz and then dancing , first dance songs, etc, and basic lights, Then someone says you are only working 4 hours , I say well I reserach and put all your music together and set up and breakdown, and consultation

I'm totally with you. My weddings and parties have different "start" pricings because weddings typically do require more work. My weddings start higher than yours but that could be because of the area too.

If someone brings up the 'only working 4 hours' crap, I tell them about the research, setup, takedown, multiple consults, travel time, lighting, cost of equipment and media (live and backup), experience, etc and then I gladly introduce them to Rule #1. They see '4 hours' of work. For us, it's at least 6 hours and thats just AT the venue. Driving time - another 2 hours. Now we're at 8 hours. Etc, etc.

I know in my market that there are others more expensive than me. There are alot more others cheaper than me. I try to give you the best product for the best value. If you can't agree on that, then we can't do business. I have invested in myself and if you want to bypass that to save a few greenbacks on a lesser experienced, equipment, etc - then that's on you.

Ya know?