Who still buys hard media?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
After 30-some years in radio, I have "collected" all f the vinyl and CD's that I can handle.
I ran out of room long ago, and if I would buy more, the wife would kill me...
Same thing with me... I had CD and record shelves all over the house. My wife tolerated it, but it wasn't until after I packed up all the CD's in boxes, stored them in the garage, and stored the records in cabinets behind closed doors, that my wife admitted she was glad it was all out of sight. We had a decor, but it was obscured by all the media shelves. I gotta admit, it looks much less like hoarders live here.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...so the only media I would buy would be new music....

Yeah..that's what I keep thinking. Then I hear a song while at the movies and saw "Hidden Figures" that had a song by Wynonie Harris. Go to Google Play and BAM...now I have 8 more tracks.

Then I hear a song by Gilbert O'Sullivan on the Sirius 70's station that I didn't have. Go to Google Play and BAM....4 more tracks.

It's an addiction I tell ya....only way to stop it is to NOT HEAR any more music. And therein lies the problem. :)

Hello...I'm Jim and I'm a music-holic...

For music, I dont buy hard media anymore, not that I wont, but I havent in a long time, there are a couple of CD's of remixes that I do want to buy if I can track them back down again.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Bring small CD case that holds maybe 200 CD (in soft sleeve) as backup in case Laptop goes down. I have Denon 4500 MK2 in my road case (dble CD drawer). I also carry a Flash Drive with current and older music too, in case the Laptop goes down also; front or rear load USB.

I copy the Monthly Recurrent Hits (Top40 and Country and Adult Contemporay) to disc for backup purposes as described in prior paragraph.

So far, have not had to use backup discs at any event, but because my external HD does not contain ALL my music since 1999 I do play tracks when necessary.

It's an addiction I tell ya....only way to stop it is to NOT HEAR any more music. And therein lies the problem. :) Hello...I'm Jim and I'm a music-holic...

Just buy what you need and not what you hear! (yeah, it's like telling an alcoholic to have a soda)
But if HEARING the songs is your problem...there are ways to cure that...but it's really boring.

Same thing with me... I had CD and record shelves all over the house. My wife tolerated it, but it wasn't until after I packed up all the CD's in boxes, stored them in the garage, and stored the records in cabinets behind closed doors, that my wife admitted she was glad it was all out of sight. We had a decor, but it was obscured by all the media shelves.

My wife is happy that they're outta sight, but now she wishes they were out of the basement.
(Why don't you sell them and get lots of money???")
The real problem is her obsession with buying used furniture we don't have room for...then she needs a place to store the OLD stuff)

She simply could not understand the lack of value.
Then I reminded her about the THOUSANDS of LP's we gave away for free when we remodeled the radio station.
(which is, coincidentally, how I acquired many of the LP's now in my basement)

She simply could not understand the lack of value.
Then I reminded her about the THOUSANDS of LP's we gave away for free when we remodeled the radio station.
(which is, coincidentally, how I acquired many of the LP's now in my basement)

You could probably get a buck a piece if you were willing to run a yard sale every Saturday for the next 7 years ;)

Reactions: Ausumm
You could probably get a buck a piece if you were willing to run a yard sale every Saturday for the next 7 years ;)

At this point, I'd rather just give them all away to the local college stations.
After I go through them and pick out the ones I want.
I would only keep a few of the picture discs and special LP's....
my wife would have a hard time letting them go.

At this point, I'd rather just give them all away to the local college stations.
After I go through them and pick out the ones I want.
I would only keep a few of the picture discs and special LP's....
my wife would have a hard time letting them go.

I would hate to give up my vinyl. My wife supports my habit but I'm sure if I kick off they will be out the door shortly after I am lol

Reactions: Ausumm
I lied. I bought some discs from Steve recently. They haven't even come out of the box. They probably will never be played

Unfortunately I don't have an accurate list of the records anymore. DJs came got the records all out of order and I was unable to track what was sold. Other Items i.e.: equipment, videotape & videoed are accurately tracked. Listings can be found here For Sale

I know I'm like a month late to this thread..

adj2ent, is this you on eBay? nyyanksno1 | eBay

No it is not. I don't have the time or patience to list each videotape. . In the quote there is a listing of all of the songs on video which translates to a videotape number. I am on Long Island but head down to Maryland often. If your interest it sonething let me know. There are five milk crates of videotapes.

I just bought four Patsy Cline CD's from Amazon - not greatest hits, but original 4 Star and Decca remastered albums.

PS...I'm a HUGE Patsy Cline fan!

Reactions: ittigger