Why Marriage is a SCAM!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I came across this on Youtube! It's pretty funny! Check it out!

I like the DJ part of it!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNQ2kV1OTPU

So is the ad true?

They also made a video about Credit Cards being a scam that is funny as well.

Is anyone insulted by the depiction of the DJ?[emoji1] Are there really any DJ's that charge $1000, then show up with an iPod and a single Starburst light fixture?[emoji1] I don't think so... maybe a $300 DJ?[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan The Man
Is anyone insulted by the depiction of the DJ?[emoji1] Are there really any DJ's that charge $1000, then show up with an iPod and a single Starburst light fixture?[emoji1] I don't think so... maybe a $300 DJ?[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That fixture is a Spncer Gifts light that cost like $29.99 LOL. My son has it in his room! Calling it a Starburst is a insult t ADJ! :cheers:

I thought the DJ part was HILARIOUS!

But YES..Pay me over $1,000 to DJ your wedding...because It's worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weddings are suppose to be expensive...Just like everything else in life like a car repair, or hospital visit (At least they will have fun at the wedding, and a lot of money spent on FUN is better than a lot of money WASTED on BLAH!!!) :djparty: I might be a stranger at first, but they can get to know me so I'm not a stranger any more... :D

So yeah, Paying for a Good DJ for their wedding is a money well spent! :cool:

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
At least this video is done as a satire in good fun. There are similar articles out there that are seriously telling brides that vendors jack up the prices on services for weddings. I love the free enterprise system (and lack of regulations for DJs) myself. We can each charge what we think is in our best interest.

At least this video is done as a satire in good fun. There are similar articles out there that are seriously telling brides that vendors jack up the prices on services for weddings. I love the free enterprise system (and lack of regulations for DJs) myself. We can each charge what we think is in our best interest.

The health care industry has all sorts of regulations, and look how jacked up the prices are today. It's in the best interest of the consumer to keep the DJ, Photography etc. markets a completely free enterprise.

Reactions: Jas
The health care industry has all sorts of regulations, and look how jacked up the prices are today. It's in the best interest of the consumer to keep the DJ, Photography etc. markets a completely free enterprise.

That's a total red herring. Financial services is also EXTREMELY regulated and is dealing with fee compression. Regulation is not the only factor that affects costs for the consumer. Health care has LOTS of problems.

That's because the game is fixed and you aren't intended to be the winner insurance companies are. Why do you think you don't have universal health care in the US? It's because the insurance lobby is strong and has bought an paid for many Senators and Congressmen. You pay for it you just don't get it

EDIT:

U.S. Health Care Costs More Than 'Socialized' European Medicine

Reactions: ittigger
That's because the game is fixed and you aren't intended to be the winner insurance companies are. Why do you think you don't have universal health care in the US? It's because the insurance lobby is strong and has bought an paid for many Senators and Congressmen. You pay for it you just don't get it

EDIT:

U.S. Health Care Costs More Than 'Socialized' European Medicine

Oh I get it!

The insurance lobby is very strong. The Pharmaceutical lobby is very strong as well.

Health Care Costs could be a lot lower all around.

Get rid of Private Insurance, and make the health care industry a totally personal Cash or Credit Card option. Once the demand for surgeries/services plummet due to the public demanding lower prices from Hospitals/DOctors/Care Givers etc. The prices will naturally drop.

Most Doctors are fed up with dealing with the BS insurance companies put them through any way, and they are complaining about some companies only wanting to pay a fraction of their cost any way, and it being a battle to even get paid by some companies. Cut the insurance companies out completely, and make it all a direct payer option from the client themselves.

The only reason the cost OF THE RENTAL FOR THE MICROSCOPIC MACHINE for my son's Ear Surgery was over $5,000 (and the total for his out patient 10 minute ear tube surgery costing about $1,3000 is because they jack up the prices with the insurance companies. The surgery center was doing over 30 of these same surgeries that one single hour my son was there. So they had $13,000x30 in revenue for that ONE HOUR??? ...UNREAL!

Make Health Care Free Enterprise completely, and make it to where people can go online and get 20 different quotes from different doctors for a surgery etc. Bring the true law of Supply and Demand into play, or Socialize it, and increase taxes. One or the other, but what we have now is a disorganized Night Mare of a problem to have which our elected leaders don't want to bother fixing because many of their pockets are lined with Green to keep the Status Quo.

Kind of - you see $13,000. I think the ins company rarely pays those prices. If the Dr settled for cash, the price wouldn't be 13k either.

Reactions: DJ Ricky B
Kind of - you see $13,000. I think the ins company rarely pays those prices. If the Dr settled for cash, the price wouldn't be 13k either.

Well, either that, or the surgery center deals with only insurance companies THAT WILL pay their price...or at least pay very close to it. Which is why some surgery centers, and doctors don't accept certain insurances, and others do. ...Of course with the DR. it depends which network they are members of etc.

When I had a Mole removed at Johns Hopkins, at the time I had "Assurant Health". Every Doctor I saw asked "What insurance do you have?". After the 3rd time I said "Why is every one asking me this? (I already filled out the paper work at the front desk, and paid my co pay). The 3rd dermatologist said "Well, some insurance companies don't like to pay..."

I'm thinking to myself, Would they stop right there, and deny working on my issue if I told them a insurance company they knew didn't pay, or if it was one that they knew paid pennies on the dollar, would they choose to offer me less service? I thought it was strange every Dermatologist that walked in the room was asking me what insurance I had.

From a customer stand point In would rather pay Cash, and come to an agreement on the price for the service. Another thing is, they never tell you want things will cost before hand. ...That leads me to believe that some shady pricing practices are going on.

Wouldn't it be nice if we booked 4 hour weddings without the customer knowing the price, and we send them a bill for $9,500 6 months later? LOL

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I think you would be very hard pressed to find an Ins Co that pays full price. Think about car insurance - same crap, different bowl.

I imagine just like with everything else, there are ins co's that don't like to pay - and if enough Dr's bump into that, they start asking questions or denying users of that service.

I am also sure that there is the potential for shady things as well - no different than any other business.

Costs can be established up front, especially if it's a known service - and you can ALWAYS pay in cash. Your ins co would probably prefer it - more money for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Romard
As a suggestion, have you looked into chiropractor vs tubes in the ears? I've heard they can adjust the neck to take pressure off the ears.

or Socialize it, and increase taxes.

I don't think your taxes would go up if it was done correctly. You are paying for the service already you just aren't getting it. Your government pays out more than double per capita than what we do here in Canada for healthcare plus you pay high insurance premiums beside that

To be fair socialized medicine isn't perfect but neither is your system

Reactions: ittigger