School & Teen Events Winter Formal

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

redhotdj

Its 5 O'clock somewhere
Mar 21, 2008
Richfield Springs n.y.
Last night we did Richfield Springs middle school winter formal. I used my evox 8 system and we set up in front of the stage, in the past we used to set up in the corner but wanted to try something different. I think it had better sound this way. The dance was from 7 to 9:30. we got there at 5 and by 6 were pretty much all set up. They had 50 to 75 kids attending, great bunch of kids. Its been real slow for me, haven't had a show in over a month and a half ( my area always slows down in the winter but this year is very slow ) but everything went great. This was the first time I got a chance to try out my new 4' Eco UV bar plus black lights they were sweet. Nice and bright and covered the whole gym nicely. Took a few pics, the last time I played here I was set up over in the corner and someone asked why did I have the mat under my evox and I said to keep it from walking, well if you look at the picture by the end of the night this is how it was.

100_3049.jpg 100_3050.jpg 100_3051.jpg 100_3056.jpg

personally given the chance, I like setting up on the stage... Lights get higher, a little safety zone from the kids, but you had a small crowd so I am betting it wasn't bad.

Me being picky, but I would clean up the cords, but I am sure nobody there cared. I love the disco ball and use mine whenever I can. Yours looks like a 24" that's nice.

Even with a small crowd, still seems a little under powered for the event, but I like more bass at schools, but again, as long as you are playing the right music, that's what counts. Everything else is just personal preference. IMHO

Do you find your RCF EVOX8 "walking" often? Is this a common issue, or just something you encounter with waxed wooden floors? Curious.

My big JBLs used to do it all the time, the evox has rubber pads on the bottom so why it was turned like that I have no idea. When the night started they were both facing foward

I haven't found my EVOX 8 to walk .. probably a combination of the waxed floor and hefty volume.