1 Space Amplifiers

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

ahoustondj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
I am looking around for some choices of good 1 Space Stereo Power Amplifiers 200w per channel into 8 ohms and 100w per channel into 8 ohms. These will be used for ONLY Tweeters and Midrange Horns, NOT Full Range. Any suggestions?
Not interested in Pyle Pro, Gemini or the like.

I know you are looking for name brand but I use one of these in my rack to run my monitors or run my tops. it comes with a lot of connectors for input and it actually sounds good.

3RD from the bottom
systemv3.jpg

I know you are looking for name brand but I use one of these in my rack to run my monitors or run my tops. it comes with a lot of connectors for input and it actually sounds good.

3RD from the bottom

Wattage is still too high!
I want one just for tweeters: 200w per channel
One just for Midrange horns: 100w per channel.

The Bridging Figures don't make sense. The Bridge mode into 4 ohms should be higher, shouldn't it?

Bridging is not about "more power", bridging is about "larger voltage swing". If you do not understand the difference, you should not be running amps in a bridged mode.

The single channel 8 ohm rating is for 85W. The bridged 8ohm rating is 240W. Because the 4ohm limit is slightly lower, it is likely the heat sink can not safely dissipate more than about 240w of power.

yea, just because you have a ton of power there doesn't mean you have to use it. The gain controls could be turned down on the amp, as well as the crossover. I know lots of guys that use several hundred watts to the horns and never blow them up because they are setup properly, and they sound great because there is tons of headroom.

As for the sounding great part (in my opinion anyway), don't get a class D or class H for the horns, I would stick with A/B. I ran a class H on the horns only once during a test for a few minutes, and they sounded harsh.

Bridging is not about "more power", bridging is about "larger voltage swing". If you do not understand the difference, you should not be running amps in a bridged mode.

The single channel 8 ohm rating is for 85W. The bridged 8ohm rating is 240W. Because the 4ohm limit is slightly lower, it is likely the heat sink can not safely dissipate more than about 240w of power.
I am going by what I have read on the specs.
yea, just because you have a ton of power there doesn't mean you have to use it. The gain controls could be turned down on the amp, as well as the crossover. I know lots of guys that use several hundred watts to the horns and never blow them up because they are setup properly, and they sound great because there is tons of headroom.

As for the sounding great part (in my opinion anyway), don't get a class D or class H for the horns, I would stick with A/B. I ran a class H on the horns only once during a test for a few minutes, and they sounded harsh.

Thanks, I'll remember that!

Bridging is about more power. It's connecting two amplifiers in series to make a single amplifier.

Bridging is about more power. It's connecting two amplifiers in series to make a single amplifier.

You should not be bridging an amp.

Shucks! I was just about to break out the beer and popcorn! :tribiggrin: