Denon Pro Wireless Audio

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I tend to start eBay auctions cheap (either .99 or 9.99) and usually the bidding frenzy moves it up to where I want it. Sometimes it does not, so I have sold items worth a couple hundred for less than $30 .. it happens.

This was a "buy it now" or best offer... he had it at $249, which was already super cheap, so I couldn't believe my inbox when he accepted my $210 offer.

This was a "buy it now" or best offer... he had it at $249, which was already super cheap, so I couldn't believe my inbox when he accepted my $210 offer.
That I won't do .. sometimes I will have a high enough buy-it-now when I start the auction in case I catch someone. Maybe they needed money or didn't know the value .. I look for those auctions as often as I can .. :)

Hope it works out for you. In my experience, someone selling a $600 item for $200 is usually doing so because it's a knock off. Not always though. Maybe you got lucky

Hope it works out for you. In my experience, someone selling a $600 item for $200 is usually doing so because it's a knock off. Not always though. Maybe you got lucky

Yeah, I was prepared for the possibility of a fake and needing to file with eBay. But looking back on the seller's feedback, they've mostly sold clothing and a couple CD/DVD players. I think they just don't understand what they're selling. I also happened to notice their listing title is "FP3-H5" which is technically just the receiver. The correct part number for the set is "FP35-H5." They probably Googled "FP3," saw it going for $350, and listed theirs for $250. The manufacture date on the box is also 2012, so it was probably overstock or something they picked up cheap.

Either way, testing has checked out so far, the FP3 transmitter successfully syncs and operates with my existing SLX receiver, and my existing SLX handheld Beta58a works and syncs with the FP5 receiver.

Reactions: Scott Hanna
Instead, I got a KILLER deal ($210 new/sealed, on eBay) on this:
https://www.amazon.com/Shure-FP35-Combo-Wireless-System/dp/B008RLHPXO

Works great and you can either use the transmitter on a mixer output or plug it into the bottom of a wired dynamic mic. It sounds great and it's also compatible with the SLX gear I already have. The only downside: no AC adapter for either device. I could get a battery eliminator, but for now I won't bother.

Wow, i actually didn't know this device existed, taking a normal microphone and turning it into a wireless or using it to transmit audio output from the mixer wirelessly is AWESOME. All of my Shure Wireless are SLX - i have about 12 of them. This is something to look into for sure. Did you make the guy an offer and he accepted $250 for it?

Wow, i actually didn't know this device existed, taking a normal microphone and turning it into a wireless or using it to transmit audio output from the mixer wirelessly is AWESOME. All of my Shure Wireless are SLX - i have about 12 of them. This is something to look into for sure. Did you make the guy an offer and he accepted $250 for it?

He actually accepted $210. His "buy it now" was $249...

Reactions: Loneavenger
The saga continues, if anyone is interested to know. Wi Digital called me in response to my RMA request with KPODJ, insists I must have a defective transmitter, and is going to rush ship me a whole new system. They claim they've never had someone report pops/clicks/noise before as I describe.

I'll give the replacement sysyem a try only because, unlike the Shure sysyem, it can run on AC power via a USB port (without a "battery eliminator"), and the transmitter/receivers have much more flexible mounting options. I want this thing to work, but I'm not getting my hopes up at this point.

The saga continues, if anyone is interested to know. Wi Digital called me in response to my RMA request with KPODJ, insists I must have a defective transmitter, and is going to rush ship me a whole new system. They claim they've never had someone report pops/clicks/noise before as I describe.

I'll give the replacement sysyem a try only because, unlike the Shure sysyem, it can run on AC power via a USB port (without a "battery eliminator"), and the transmitter/receivers have much more flexible mounting options. I want this thing to work, but I'm not getting my hopes up at this point.

What is a sysyem? AC Power is currently not available on a USB port. Are you from the future?

What is a sysyem? AC Power is currently not available on a USB port. Are you from the future?

My phone doesn't like letting me type on this forum for some reason, and so it does asinine "autocorrect" things like "sysystem."

And obviously USB is 5VDC, but USB AC adapters are readily available and even came with the sy...system. Much cleaner, easier and cheaper than AA battery eliminators.

Reactions: ittigger
If you're talking about USB ports on a computer, those are DC powered and you would need an AC converter/adapter. Now sure how much 'true' AC you would get out of a 5v DC port.

I meant the wireless units have USB ports for power and came with a phone charger style wall adapter to power them, or you can use any USB charger/power adapter.

Reactions: ittigger
Got in a catalog from PSSL today .. they had the Denon Stealth Pro listed .. a quick look on websites now shows availability in mid January .. closing in on 2 years after they were first announced .. not a good track record.

B&H had October 31st as an ETA on the Stealth Pro, but now they have January as well. I wonder, did they originally design them in the 600mhz band and now they've had to source new radios due to the FCC auction or something? The product marketing photo shows 543Mhz and 782Mhz... thought 700Mhz band was entirely blocked out for public safety?

BTW, Wi Digital convinced me to let them send me a replacement setup of their 2.4GHz units, insisting mine were defective. Got new ones, they also were terrible. And I still haven't gotten the return shipping label for the first set! :banghead:

I just got in a catalog from IDJNOW. It seems Denon Pro DN-202WT costs $149, and the Denon -202WR is $99.99. ...15% Coupon code available now.

Reactions: SEDJ