Pyle PPA450 and Pyle PADH212

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

ghost1one

New DJ
Apr 24, 2010
I'm considering the purchase of a setup for DJ'ing local dances and events and want to know if the Pyle PPA450 will power TWO PADH212's.

The Peak power of the PPA450 is 1600Watts at 8ohms for two speakers, but the "max" is 230Watts @ 8 Ohms for two speakers.

The RMS power of the PADH212 is 800Watts per speaker
The peak is 1600Watts per speaker
All at 8ohms.

Will I experience any issues?
Or do I need another amp to run in bridged mode?
I can get this bad boy for under $600!

I'm considering the purchase of a setup for DJ'ing local dances and events and want to know if the Pyle PPA450 will power TWO PADH212's.

The Peak power of the PPA450 is 1600Watts at 8ohms for two speakers, but the "max" is 230Watts @ 8 Ohms for two speakers.

The RMS power of the PADH212 is 800Watts per speaker
The peak is 1600Watts per speaker
All at 8ohms.

Will I experience any issues?
Or do I need another amp to run in bridged mode?
I can get this bad boy for under $600!

Welcome to the Board. First to answer your question, "I don't know as I have never used that model/brand of gear." I just want to share some insight with you. Pyle, Gemini etc are not considered Pro Equipment. You get what you pay for. If money is an issue, I would make my start with at least the Behringer products. They are a step up above the Pyle.
If you are seriously thinking of getting into the business it is best to get pro grade gear one piece/section of gear at a time until you have all that you need.
We have a sponsor on this forum who can help you with the selection of equipment and sometimes have open/gently used gear at a discount. Check with or send a PM to NLFXPRO and let them know what you want. Also see www.nlfxpro.com ask for Kat or Ben and let them know you are a member of this Forum. Some of the DJs on this board also have good used gear for sale so you may want to check that section out DJ Gear Exchange - Our DJ Talk - DJ Help and Resources Chat!

I hope this helps.

Welcome to the board!!!! As Houston mentioned the Pyle gear is equal to throwing your money away. Their power rating need to be divided by 10 or more to get the real rating. Talk with Ben at NLFX and he can guide you and set you up with some quality gear. It will cost more but you won't have to worry about the gear failing at an event.

well crap...

I kindof need a setup for a party by May 8th :(

The one I usually use isn't available so I've come up on a bit of bad luck!

I don't really need anything "professional" but loud is always good!
This is just something I do as a side gig to make insurance payments and pay for other toys :p

I have about $500 - $600 to spend and what I found did look like a bargain, guess it was too good of one!

I kindof need a setup for a party by May 8th :(

The one I usually use isn't available so I've come up on a bit of bad luck!

I don't really need anything "professional" but loud is always good!
This is just something I do as a side gig to make insurance payments and pay for other toys :p

I have about $500 - $600 to spend and what I found did look like a bargain, guess it was too good of one!

You may want to rent some gear from your local pro audio dealer. Another option is (If you feel that you can get a credit line) NLFX offers financing through a second party. If approved you should be able to get your gear from NLFX in time.

I am going to step into the lions den on this one. I have never used Pyle equipment, but for 15 years, all I used was Gemini stuff and NEVER ONCE had a single issue with any of it other than normal wear and tear.

I take extreme issue with someone saying it is not professional equipment. For someone just starting out on a budget, it is perfectly fine stuff to use to get started.

Welcome to the board and please don't let the equipment elitists scare you into buying something you really don't need.

Thank you

It is always a pain to hear one sided arguments :p

But like any educated consumer, I have read reviews about all of the equipment I am looking at.

The only flaw I see with the speakers Is the bass is not all that great. IMHO, I don't care what a 6th grader thinks about the bass untill I can get a set of subwoofers :p.

Their seems to be no bad review about the amp and for $117 for 4500watts, I'll use it and abuse it untill I can upgrade one piece at a time.

I figure if I start out with a better Mixer and upgrade my amp/speakers later then I haven't locked myself into a commitment.

I understand the reasoning behind higher quality gear, but mine was destroyed in a flood! :( So I have to rebuild my setup one painful piece at a time!

Cheapest I would go:

SPEAKERS:
Peavey
PR15
or PV115
$219 X 2 = $440

AMP- ALL Crown XLS is on sale right now making way for new one

xls402- $250

TOTAL : $690

Should get you through a few gigs. Just get a subwoofer in the future and you have a nice entry level system with name brand components.

When I first started out I thought I could save some money and went with a Gem Sound amplifier. Probably spent around $200 on it for a claimed max output of 3000Watts. Had issues with it overheating and cutting out, needless to say it now serves as an excellent paper weight.

If you're trying to save money give eBay a try, I picked up a perfectly good used Peavey PV-2600 for $300 shipped.

When it comes to budget gear, despite the excellent advice on these boards (which I obviously didn't follow), I learned the hard way. Just my two cents.

I was hoping our resident Pyle expert from Minnesota would give proper input (about the improper Output info) having a set of Pyle Speaks sitting collecting dust. ADAM!!!!

I have personally started out on Pyle gear, and please do your self a favor and stay away from it.

This is a list from another forum I helped create a year or so ago, it's a great reference when you're new to the brands of DJ equipment, and need some quick help.

Equipment on this list is very poor in every way. These companies have poor designs, use cheap materials and drivers, and their products are not reliable. AVOID!!!

Accoustic Audio
American Audio
Cross Audio
Gemini
GemSound
GMI
Kustom
Legion
Madison
MSC
Nady
Pyle Pro
Pyramid
SoundMaster
Technical Pro
USBlaster

If you see a speaker brand on this list, please don't ask us if it's good. It's not.

Home stereo, home theater, and car audio gear all falls into this category, even if it is top of the line in it's category. It's just not good for pro audio use, no matter how nice or expensive. Don't ask us. Please.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Middle of the road gear that is "OK" for the cost. You can use this gear with some degree of reliability. While not "Top shelf" stuff, this gear will get the job done for those on a budget.

B52
BBE
Behringer
Bose
Cerwin Vega
Fender
MTX
Samson
Squier
VocoPro

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Good Gear:

Allen & Heath
Ashly
Audio Technica
Bagend
Bill Fitzmaurice Designs or BFD
Carver
Carvin
Community
Crest
Crown
DBX
EAW
ElectroVoice - EV
Eminence
FBT
JBL
KV2
Mackie
PAS
Peavey
QSC
Rane
RCF
Sennheiser
Shure
SLS Audio
Urei
Wharfedale Pro
Yamaha
Yorkville Sound

These are considered "Good".

I have personally started out on Pyle gear, and please do your self a favor and stay away from it.

This is a list from another forum I helped create a year or so ago, it's a great reference when you're new to the brands of DJ equipment, and need some quick help.

Equipment on this list is very poor in every way. These companies have poor designs, use cheap materials and drivers, and their products are not reliable. AVOID!!!

Accoustic Audio
American Audio
Cross Audio
Gemini
GemSound
GMI
Kustom
Legion
Madison
MSC
Nady
Pyle Pro
Pyramid
SoundMaster
Technical Pro
USBlaster

If you see a speaker brand on this list, please don't ask us if it's good. It's not.

Home stereo, home theater, and car audio gear all falls into this category, even if it is top of the line in it's category. It's just not good for pro audio use, no matter how nice or expensive. Don't ask us. Please.

Middle of the road gear that is "OK" for the cost. You can use this gear with some degree of reliability. While not "Top shelf" stuff, this gear will get the job done for those on a budget.

B52
BBE

Behringer
Bose
Cerwin Vega
Fender
MTX
Samson
Squier
VocoPro

Good Gear:

Allen & Heath
Ashly
Audio Technica
Bagend
Carver
Carvin
Community
Crest
Crown
DBX
EAW
ElectroVoice - EV
Eminence
FBT
JBL
KV2
Mackie
PAS
Peavey
QSC
Rane
RCF
Sennheiser
Shure
SLS Audio
Urei
Wharfedale Pro
Yamaha
Yorkville Sound

See above in Red. I BEG YOUR PARDON!!!!!!!
What Kool Aid have you been drinking? :sqbiggrin:

Accoustic Audio
American Audio
Cross Audio
Gemini
GemSound
GMI
Kustom
Legion
Madison
MSC
Nady
Pyle Pro
Pyramid
SoundMaster
Technical Pro
USBlaster

B52
BBE
Behringer
Bose
Cerwin Vega
Fender
MTX
Samson
Squier
VocoPro

Good Gear:

Allen & Heath
Ashly
Audio Technica
Bagend
Carver
Carvin
Community
Crest
Crown
DBX
EAW
ElectroVoice - EV
Eminence
FBT
JBL
KV2
Mackie
PAS
Peavey
QSC
Rane
RCF
Sennheiser
Shure
SLS Audio
Urei
Wharfedale Pro
Yamaha
Yorkville Sound

This is a prime example of the "equipment elitists" theory I was talking about.

Have you had personal experience with every single brand here?

I actually still use my Gemini EQ 11YEARS after I bought it. This is after over 1000 events of use, and it is humming just like the day it came out of the box. I know for a fact that the speakers and amp I sold to another DJ are still being used today almost 7 years after I purchased them.

I don't know about most that was in red but Fender PA speakers sound like CRAP and SUCK... The name Fender should not even be on them. I looked at some for Karaoke and couldn't stand the noise I heard.

Once about a time the name fender meant something on everything that had their name on it. Now they sell more cheap Chinese junk than the good equipment.

I don't know about most that was in red but Fender PA speakers sound like CRAP and SUCK... The name Fender should not even be on them. I looked at some for Karaoke and couldn't stand the noise I heard.

Once about a time the name fender meant something on everything that had their name on it. Now they sell more cheap Chinese junk than the good equipment.

There are certain equipment that is designed for certain applications. Fender makes equipment designed for Live Sound. guitars etc. DJs trying to use them as speakers need to be shot (Twice)!

I actually still use my Gemini EQ 11YEARS after I bought it. This is after over 1000 events of use, and it is humming just like the day it came out of the box. I know for a fact that the speakers and amp I sold to another DJ are still being used today almost 7 years after I purchased them.

I still use my Gemini mixer, that I bought well before some here were born... ;)

I call it my goto mixer -- looks like sh_t now, but never fails. I think I may have quieter mixers, but I'm not really sure...

If I have to pull a gig for a friend or family member, that's the mixer I grab :)

Pyle made incredible 6x9 speakers with a great crossover and a huge magnet. The had better bass than the pair of JBL 3 way 6x9's I had (This was in the late 80's), However their "PRO" rated gear leaves a lot to be desired. This is not something that's going to last. Gemini has been around for a long time and their mixers where probably the first affordable PRO mixers when they originally came out. I've played with some of them and found them to work fine, while some of the other stuff had some problems.

But Pyle products lure you with exorbitant amounts of power for a very small amount of money. If you could get an amp that really puts out 5000 Watts for $350.00 everybody would be buying their stuff (Clubs, Touring bands, etc.) The specs are just too good to be true.
http://pylepro.com/store/viewItem.asp?sku=PT5800

There are certain equipment that is designed for certain applications. Fender makes equipment designed for Live Sound. guitars etc. DJs trying to use them as speakers need to be shot (Twice)!

It says it is a PA

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Passport-Deluxe-PD250-Portable-PA?sku=480665

Here are their newest PA speakers, different than the ones I looked at.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Ace-1515-2Way-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=601718

If you need a PA rig by 8 May I'd agree with the others and suggest renting one for the show. :)

There are other reasons why many folks who are veterans of sound reinforcement advise against investing in lower-cost business equipment. Reliability is the big factor. Tone or sound quality is equally critical.

Pyle, Pyramid and other lower-cost brands are essentially home stereo drivers in a pro box. Radio Shack is notorious for this practice as well. If you push it hard, the speakers will scream... you'll get a harsh tone.