Todays inquiry

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I'm not disagreeing with you - that could easily add a ton of money to a new vehicles cost - keyword, NEW (and I MIGHT be able to see certified used), but certainly not used - and if this did occur with him on the used GMC van, then shame on the him for not knowing better.
all available on new or used

Not true. I know plenty of used car lots - 30 day warranty, period, end of story. You are more than welcome to get whatever 3rd party services or offerings you want on your own time.

would care o explain which is not available in your opinion I sold them all at one time or another on a used vehicle

would care o explain which is not available in your opinion I sold them all at one time or another on a used vehicle

Anything older than a CPO, which is generally higher in mileage (say 70k+) which ends up on a small business used car lot, will never have an offer of undercoating, fabric protection, etc. It would be a complete waste of time to even offer it in some cases. Most of the small used car lots I see, 30-90 day warranty and sometimes with an agreed percentage of the repair costs.

What would you be undercoating, the dirt already there? What would the fabric protection be protecting, the dirt, grime and rips already there? As a consumer, if I'm going to pay that much for these extra items, I want it on a vehicle that it can be best applied to - one that's been barely touched or used.

Last edited:
I sold plenty of undercoating and fabric protecting on 3-5 year old vehicles your opinion doesn't stop it from being sold

Reactions: ittigger
I sold plenty of undercoating and fabric protecting on 3-5 year old vehicles your opinion doesn't stop it from being sold

I agree, it is my opinion. Plenty of things are successfully done daily, that doesn't make them right.

Edit: Most good condition 3-5 year old vehicles today probably qualify as some sort of CPO. With an average of 16.6k per year / male (10.2k per year / female), that means you're undercoating a vehicle with 49.8k-83k (30.6k-51k) miles on it. Makes no sense. Heck, alot of factory warranties are nearing the end of (or already past) their terms by this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve149
Mix, You have a hard time thinking of things that actually happen outside of your little "hood" area, I have done weddings that I can only assume cost at least $100,000 there are lakefront venues in Milwaukee that rent for $10,000 plus and meals at $100 a plate for 300 people, plus everything else associated with the event is high end. there is a world outside of the Legion hall venues and charging for admittance to your own birthday party
I understand all of that. What is it with this hood thing? What does that have to do with it? I just stated what I wouldn't do. It's up to the people getting married as to what their budget is and what they will spend on their wedding. Not to mention how they get it paid for. I just couldn't see myself spending $100,000 for a wedding unless I was well off where it would be a drop in the bucket for me. I wouldn't take out a loan to get it paid for. If I had to take out a loan who am I looking to impress? The bride or the people attending the wedding? It's a one day deal. You got the rest of your life to survive. God bless those who have that much to spend. Like I said if I could comfortably afford it I would do it. I wouldn't take out a loan for a wedding and have the loan stress me out after the day is done. For me no need to add more stress to my life.

The world is changing, and you had better be ready to change with it.

A relative of mine recently got married in March using an elopement package to Miami. No family present, the all-inclusive weekend getaway even included the witness. Instead, they simply hosted a booze cruise on an evening this July to celebrate with family and friends.

The family can easily afford a wedding and reception. They spent over $8,000 (discounted) with me on the last two siblings. This couple on the other hand, preferred to focus on what really mattered most to them rather than the current state of material and commercial dictate.

In a world where marriage is mocked by TV comedy and reality shows, celebrity revolving door divorces, divorce rates nearing 2/3, glorified infidelity, surrogate parenting, and Trans-gendered confusion, etc.; together with stagnant incomes, escalating student debt, lack of affordable housing, and rising education costs - I expect the age of grand wedding receptions as a normality to be nearing it's end.

Reactions: dunlopj
The world is changing, and you had better be ready to change with it....I expect the age of grand wedding receptions as a normality to be nearing it's end.

Very sadly...I (head hanging down) agree...I'm a big fan of love and the celebrations that can and should accompany it.

Hmmm...probably why I loved loved to be a part of weddings.

I did hear they expect an uptick in "Naming the Father" parties as a consolation ...

The world is changing, and you had better be ready to change with it.

A relative of mine recently got married in March using an elopement package to Miami. No family present, the all-inclusive weekend getaway even included the witness. Instead, they simply hosted a booze cruise on an evening this July to celebrate with family and friends.

The family can easily afford a wedding and reception. They spent over $8,000 (discounted) with me on the last two siblings. This couple on the other hand, preferred to focus on what really mattered most to them rather than the current state of material and commercial dictate.

In a world where marriage is mocked by TV comedy and reality shows, celebrity revolving door divorces, divorce rates nearing 2/3, glorified infidelity, surrogate parenting, and Trans-gendered confusion, etc.; together with stagnant incomes, escalating student debt, lack of affordable housing, and rising education costs - I expect the age of grand wedding receptions as a normality to be nearing it's end.

Yes, which is why the $2,500+ Wedding DJ will parish.

I am seeing most clients hosting weddings for 55 - 110 guests this year. Some of them still tell me some DJ company quoted them $2,000+ These couples hosting a wedding for under 100 guests have no intentions of dishing out $2,500+ on a DJ for their wedding. Those guys aren't booking much these days.

Big Weddings/Grand Formal Affairs have been in decline really since the recession. Another 5 years from now they may not even exist at all. The wedding market will be 99% smaller receptions, with 1% being multi cultural such as Hindu or Asian, Nigerian weddings as an example where large crowds still come to the reception. Those probably won't go away....but the money they spend on the event will be smaller.

Reactions: dunlopj
The big weddings are not going to become extinct - just not the norm since the middle class is shrinking so significantly. It means a smaller premium pie slice targeted by more and more players, and a growing field of less appealing smaller and low cost wedding events.

But you did take a loan out on a car .. you must be looking to impress.
No it's what I felt I needed to do at the time. The old van I had was a 2002 and it kept giving me problems. So that's when I decided to look for a vehicle that I felt would be reliable. Since I didn't have the money to do what I've done in the past and that is buy a used one and pay for it in full, That's the reason for taking out a loan to get this one. It had nothing to do with wanting to impress anybody. If the old one was still working fine where I didn't have the isuues it did I would be still driving that one.

I spent in around 4 months something like $2,300 to keep it running. I decided I was spending to much money on that old van it was time to let it. Thankfully the biggest issue I have had with this one is that I had to buy 4 new tires. That's the most I've had to spend on repairs since I got this van. The issue with the tires was simple. The van is a 2012 and the those were the original tires on the van. So it was time to replace them.

No it's what I felt I needed to do at the time.

And similarly, other people do the things they do because that's what they feel they need or want to do. You can't say people get loans because they're trying to impress .. if you got a loan and were not trying to impress.

The old van I had was a 2002 and it kept giving me problems. So that's when I decided to look for a vehicle that I felt would be reliable. Since I didn't have the money to do what I've done in the past and that is buy a used one and pay for it in full, That's the reason for taking out a loan to get this one. It had nothing to do with wanting to impress anybody. If the old one was still working fine where I didn't have the isuues it did I would be still driving that one.

I spent in around 4 months something like $2,300 to keep it running. I decided I was spending to much money on that old van it was time to let it. Thankfully the biggest issue I have had with this one is that I had to buy 4 new tires. That's the most I've had to spend on repairs since I got this van. The issue with the tires was simple. The van is a 2012 and the those were the original tires on the van. So it was time to replace them.

If you found another mechanic (that wasn't ripping you off), you probably could have cut your maintenance bill in half.

And similarly, other people do the things they do because that's what they feel they need or want to do. You can't say people get loans because they're trying to impress .. if you got a loan and were not trying to impress.

If you found another mechanic (that wasn't ripping you off), you probably could have cut your maintenance bill in half.
I never said a thing about any one taking out a loan to impress any one. That's what you said. As for the thing with those who are able to obtain $2,500 to do a wedding, those DJs will still be around. Ricky B said on average people are having weddings with 55-100 people and that's it. Weather or not they will spend $2,500 to book a DJ has nothing to do with the number of people attending the wedding. It has to do with the location of the wedding. Some people will have it in a very fancy to do venue where it might cost anywhere between $15,000-$30,000 just to have their wedding at said venue. Someone spending that kind of money is more than likely able to afford a quality DJ at a nice price and not the cheapest DJ they can find.

Normally a bride having their wedding in a VFW Hall is not someone you would suspect to want to spend that kind of money for a DJ. There are those exceptions to that rule. Some may pick a place like that so they can save on money so they can afford such a DJ, photographer, caterer and so on. It's really a matter of what the bride feels is a top priority. We all wish it was us being number one on the brides list of things. That's not the reality. That's just our egos getting in the way.

I keep preaching about proper planning when having a wedding. Given enough time a bride could afford a DJ charging that much if that's what they want. I say they can spread things over time to get that DJ paid. For example they can pay in $250 increments till the bill is paid or $500 which ever is more comfortable to the bride. The point being it can get done. It's all in how to do it. Waiting till the last minute to book a DJ charging that much won't get it done in most cases. Then the question is what is that DJ providing for that price. They might be providing enough things that will have a bride say I don't care what I have to do I must have that DJ.

Once we did an event in a hotel where there was a wedding going on. I looked in to see the wedding and it was a large crowd with a DJ that I know the bride paid way over $500 to book that DJ. His setup was awesome.

I never said a thing about any one taking out a loan to impress any one. That's what you said.

That is EXACTLY what you said (see below).

I understand all of that. What is it with this hood thing? What does that have to do with it? I just stated what I wouldn't do. It's up to the people getting married as to what their budget is and what they will spend on their wedding. Not to mention how they get it paid for. I just couldn't see myself spending $100,000 for a wedding unless I was well off where it would be a drop in the bucket for me. I wouldn't take out a loan to get it paid for. If I had to take out a loan who am I looking to impress? The bride or the people attending the wedding? It's a one day deal. You got the rest of your life to survive. God bless those who have that much to spend. Like I said if I could comfortably afford it I would do it. I wouldn't take out a loan for a wedding and have the loan stress me out after the day is done. For me no need to add more stress to my life.

That is EXACTLY what you said (see below).
Again I never said anything about wanting to impress anyone. I said why would I take out a loan to impress people. To me if you're taking out a loan to have a wedding then you're looking to impress someone. I don't know who but someone. It might be the brides idea or she may not feel good about getting married and it's not her dream wedding.

The other thing I forgot to mention is how many DJs would feel comfortable quoting a bride $2,500 to do their wedding and how many would truly be worth that price?