Venting...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Yeah... and totally ignored your question! I think he took ittigger's advice. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Give the poor guy a chance .. not everyone is retired .. or has a job where he can chat "with friends" on an internet forum while pretending to work.

According to the experts, not in an internet forum.
Expertise is unnecessary in this matter.

No one, by common membership in/on an internet form, is a friend.

Members can be friendly in exchanging posts, may even have common interests and opinions, but until they meet and have more tangible forms of communication and establish an ACTUAL friendship, friends they are not.

Does that apply to ALL Internet forums, or just DJ forums?[emoji2] I'm unclear on this issue.[emoji2]
It applies to reality not virtual reality.

Expertise is unnecessary in this matter.

No one, by common membership in/on an internet form, is a friend.

Members can be friendly in exchanging posts, may even have common interests and opinions, but until they meet and have more tangible forms of communication and establish an ACTUAL friendship, friends they are not.

It applies to reality not virtual reality.

While that may be YOUR interpretation, Webster defines no such requirement ...

Full Definition of friend
  1. 1 a : one attached to another by affection or esteem b : acquaintance

2. 2 a : one that is not hostile b : one that is of the same nation, party, or group

3. 3 : one that favors or promotes something (as a charity)

4. 4 : a favored companion
While maybe not "close" friends as of yet, I associate some here with friendship over acquaintanceship.

I'm in my second childhood; not retired![emoji4] Retirement is for old people. [emoji4]

It's so tough to tell immaturity from senility ...

Reactions: ittigger
While that may be YOUR interpretation, Webster defines no such requirement ...

Full Definition of friend
  1. 1 a : one attached to another by affection or esteem b : acquaintance

2. 2 a : one that is not hostile b : one that is of the same nation, party, or group

3. 3 : one that favors or promotes something (as a charity)

4. 4 : a favored companion
While maybe not "close" friends as of yet, I associate some here with friendship over acquaintanceship.
Again, I must have a substantially different appreciation and defining criteria for "affection, esteem, favor"

As The Platters so beautifully sang...

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Again, I must have a substantially different appreciation and defining criteria for "affection, esteem, favor"

I've never met Charleston Heston, but I hold him in high esteem. I favor many things that others here favor. I'll agree on the affection part .. this isn't Tinder.

It's so tough to tell immaturity from senility ...
Depends... though I'm SO looking forward to my second potty training![emoji1] My girl wants to potty all the time, potty all the time, potty all the ti...me! [emoji1]

I am confused now, so I cant be friends with anyone here ?
The opportunity to become friends is most assuredly present but without non-virtual human interaction, you are at least diluting, and I contend bastardizing the important tenet of friendship.

Reactions: SEDJ
Heck .. people get engaged to be married before actually meeting .. I think we're OK being ODJT friends.