Generators (again)

Discussion in 'The Big Show' started by rickryan.com, Aug 10, 2017.

1. steve149

steve149 Urbane Legend

Behringer Xenyx 1002B .. battery powered mixer .. I had an earlier version many years ago ... Behringer Xenyx 1002B Mixer

[​IMG]

2. DJ Ricky B

DJ Ricky B DJ Extraordinaire

Not bad! It would be nice if it had a 2nd RCA Input, and XLR outputs though, but certainly workable. One laptop, one battery powered mixer, that Carvin battery powered Sub, 2 ADJ 8 Go BT speakers, and you have a anywhere sound system for parties and weddings under 150 guests. Bring a inverter for extra power for longer gigs. Battery powered Up Lights for lighting, and there you go.

3. steve149

steve149 Urbane Legend

Sounds like a plan, though I would prefer these over the ADJ (which I own): S600B Battery powered 150W(Mono) / 400W(Stereo) Portable Column Array System

I haven't heard the sub, but these sound pretty good. Heard them at MBLV 2 years ago.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  4. DJ Ricky B

DJ Ricky B DJ Extraordinaire

Yeah, those would certainly work, and I'm sure sound much better than the ADJ speakers. BUT, at $799 each speaker, that is a serious investment just to be wireless, and not have to worry about power anywhere. ...How often do those gigs actually occur? I haven't even encountered one.

However,

what would be cool is if they created a bluetooth battery powered mixer. Run a completely battery powered WIRELESS set up with no wires. Then have all battery powered lighting with no wires...Other DJs couldn't bitch about seeing any cables in the set up LOL

DJ Bobcat likes this.
  5. tunes4046

tunes4046 DJ Extraordinaire

The problem is the motors require a lot of power so the batteries would have to be huge to last any amount of time

6. steve149

steve149 Urbane Legend

You just fly in one like this and you're good ...

[​IMG]

ittigger likes this.