I just bought 2 used items this week.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
First let me say I bought another Pioneer EFX 500 because I damaged the one I had. Me and my old partner drove up to Ewing, NJ to this repair shop looking to get it fix. We get there and find out it's no longer there. It's a school now. The bad part is they are still listed online. So I went on Ebay and bought one for $100 and free shipping. It came on Tuesday. I also ordered a Chauvet Vue 4 as well. It should be here today. I had a Vue 2 but it also got damaged beyond repair. I certainly needed the light because I got gigs coming up where the lights will either be turned off completely or will be down real low. I probably will get one more light next month as well. I seen a pair of nice moving heads for sale. The problem is nobody here will make that my early Christmas gift. LOL.

Now before I take a beating on buying the EFX 500 I hate the effects on VDJ! They are so lame! I needed some real effects. It's what people have gotten used to me doing.

First let me say I bought another Pioneer EFX 500 because I damaged the one I had. Me and my old partner drove up to Ewing, NJ to this repair shop looking to get it fix. We get there and find out it's no longer there. It's a school now. The bad part is they are still listed online. So I went on Ebay and bought one for $100 and free shipping. It came on Tuesday. I also ordered a Chauvet Vue 4 as well. It should be here today. I had a Vue 2 but it also got damaged beyond repair. I certainly needed the light because I got gigs coming up where the lights will either be turned off completely or will be down real low. I probably will get one more light next month as well. I seen a pair of nice moving heads for sale. The problem is nobody here will make that my early Christmas gift. LOL.

Now before I take a beating on buying the EFX 500 I hate the effects on VDJ! They are so lame! I needed some real effects. It's what people have gotten used to me doing.

When you say "damaged" and "beyond repair", how does that happen? Did you drop them? Get mad and throw them against the wall?[emoji1] Perhaps a flood or fire? I don't get it. I can see stuff wearing out, or the failure of some electronic part... Is that what you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't run VDJ, but I thought it can use VST plugins. If that's true, surely you can find some good effects.

Reactions: PhaseIIPro
You can plug in as many VSTs as you want but why do that when you can buy more gear. It is more important for people to see you have a lot of stuff.

Last edited:
When you say "damaged" and "beyond repair", how does that happen? Did you drop them? Get mad and throw them against the wall?[emoji1] Perhaps a flood or fire? I don't get it. I can see stuff wearing out, or the failure of some electronic part... Is that what you mean?

I was putting the effects machine in a tight space in a bag and eventually a button and knob got messed up. The light got damaged due to not properly transporting it. Just loosely in the van. I bought another bag to house the effects machine so that doesn't happen again.

Ah... I see. I hate it when I break stuff... Don't like replacing things with the same thing I broke.[emoji4] But I also hate being criticized for breaking stuff even more.[emoji1] It's MY stuff, so if I break it, what's it to ya?

I had a problem once with my water heater; pilot light kept going out. So I decided I'd try to fix it myself... When I opened up the thermostat, parts went flying everywhere and I had no idea how it went back together. Called the plumber and he took one look at it, and he gave me this look of utter disgust, waved his finger at me and said; "Oh... you should NOT have done that!" I just laughed and replied; "No shit??..but that's why you're here, and you're gonna charge me to replace it, so it works out good, doesn't it?"[emoji1]

Last edited:
I just reordered the Vue 4 as the Vue 2 was holding things up. I'm looking to get a email back from the seller of the Vue 2 because the shipping cost was over $50 and I placed a bid for it for $40. I get an email telling me now from the seller the total price is $40. Which is it. The Vue 4 total is $80.51. The shipping is less then $20. I sent the seller of the Vue 2 a email to explain things.

I just reordered the Vue 4 as the Vue 2 was holding things up. I'm looking to get a email back from the seller of the Vue 2 because the shipping cost was over $50 and I placed a bid for it for $40. I get an email telling me now from the seller the total price is $40. Which is it. The Vue 4 total is $80.51. The shipping is less then $20. I sent the seller of the Vue 2 a email to explain things.
If you bid and win, you're committed to complete the transaction. Before completing the second item, straighten out the first .. FIRST.

Went on eBay to see what a Chauvet Vue 2 looked like and saw one for $79... This was in the item description: "Chauvet DJ VUE Lighting Effects
Used, in good condition.
Shows minor signs of cosmetic wear, see pictures for further details.
Model: VUE 1
Tried plugging it in, didn't show any prominent signs of working.
Returns Accepted.
What you see is what you get. "
How can something be in "good condition", yet show "no prominent signs of working"?[emoji1]... Unless they were describing me?[emoji1]

Mix, you need to jump on this one![emoji1]

I cancelled the first order.
You had said you put in a bid .. that would describe an auction, which you can't cancel once won.

You can ASK if they will terminate it, but it IS a contract if they don't.

You had said you put in a bid .. that would describe an auction, which you can't cancel once won.

You can ASK if they will terminate it, but it IS a contract if they don't.
Steve I just couldn't see the original asking price being $59.00 and the shipping being a little over $50. That just didn't make sense to me. Then I ran across the Vue 4 for about $20 more. Later on ran across one with shipping cost $80.51. Which would you have bought sir?

Steve I just couldn't see the original asking price being $59.00 and the shipping being a little over $50. That just didn't make sense to me. Then I ran across the Vue 4 for about $20 more. Later on ran across one with shipping cost $80.51. Which would you have bought sir?
The second .. but then I WOULD NOT HAVE BID on the first. Unless I'm mistaken, you just decided you didn't want to go through with the winning bid .. something that YOU don't really get to decide once an auction has closed.