Jammtext

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
From my perspective, adding more logistic hassles that doesn't increase sales substantially doesn't seem like a solid idea.

The first several years in biz, I believe this feature was a big help in getting me established. It was completely unique and I like to fancy that I was the creator of the concept. Keep in mind that my version combines texting with both memories and live slideshows. My biggest hassle is in having my other crews do it. It adds a layer of complexity that, at this point in time, doesn't make sense. I still include it in my larger, bundled packages but no longer offer it with the basic DJ service.

Incidentally, just my opinion here, having a text-only system is a yawner of a feature. People far prefer seeing their own picture pop up on-screen than they do seeing either texts or pics they're taking of someone else.

I never even thought about someone sending inappropriate texts. That's a great heads-up; thanks![emoji4] But one other problem you run into when you receive and display photos from text or email is the size can vary significantly. I have a resizing application I use to resize photos, so I can change them to a uniform size before displaying them. If you're running a slideshow that runs through photos automatically, you don't want some teeny-tiny photo to follow some giant photo.

All the hurdles you mentioned are exactly why we designed JammText the way we did. Our software is a lot more than just text messages. It integrates pre-loaded images with audience texts, pictures, and twitter/instagram posts into one seamless display that requires almost no work from the DJ to run. The only thing you have to do while DJing is looking at messages/pictures and hit the checkmark or X before they go to the screen (and you could have someone else do that part). JammText takes care of the rest. It'll size all pictures appropriately. It'll rotate through pictures you pre-loaded. It'll show periodic "rewinds" of pictures submitted by the audience.

Thanks for coming to our forum. Appreciate the insight. While it's not something I see myself using (I do mostly weddings), I always like to see people making new technology for the DJ business. I wish you luck!

Thank you for the kind words! Actually, most of our customers are mobile DJs, using this at weddings and school dances. It's a big hit at weddings. People can share pics of the bride and groom and themselves. A lot of times these days there's already a hashtag for the wedding. JammText will show what people are posting on instagram on the screens. You can also use the same hashtag as a photo booth and it'll automatically show pics from the photo booth. At the end you can export all the pictures and give them to the couple. It's a lot easier for them than asking all their friends to email/text the pictures to them.

One of us does weddings and usually brings 2 40" tvs mounted on tripods. We designed JammText so you can read the text well on this size tv, but these days you'll probably want to get 50s or 55s if you're buying new equipment. Obviously projection screens are more portable.

The one problem I have with large flatscreen TVs is Transport. Cases for TVs are pretty darn expensive. Also, with all the other equipment in a vehicle, where do you put it if you don't have a VAN?

Here's a Gator bag for up to a 45" TV for $100. There are hard cases for under $300. Granted they may not hold up to continuous use and transport, but if you are only doing it once a month or so my guess is they would be fine.

Gator G-LCD-TOTE-LG

Here's a Gator bag for up to a 45" TV for $100. There are hard cases for under $300. Granted they may not hold up to continuous use and transport, but if you are only doing it once a month or so my guess is they would be fine.

Gator G-LCD-TOTE-LG

Didn't know about that bag, THANKS! I was thinking of purchasing 48's but I think I'll stick with 43 so I can use those bags.

Gator G-LCD-TOTE-LG

I use a lot of Gator Cases bags, and really like them. They're well constructed and attractive. That said, a soft bag for a big screen TV would not be my choice. I use dual 22 inch monitors with my setup, and transport them in a Gator Case hard case. I use Gator Case bags for my speakers, but my controllers get the hard cases as well. The hard cases are heavier, of course, but offer much better protection than the soft bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I use a lot of Gator Cases bags, and really like them. They're well constructed and attractive. That said, a soft bag for a big screen TV would not be my choice. I use dual 22 inch monitors with my setup, and transport them in a Gator Case hard case. I use Gator Case bags for my speakers, but my controllers get the hard cases as well. The hard cases are heavier, of course, but offer much better protection than the soft bags.

The problem I have with hard cases is the weight. Also, on the larger Flat screens the hard cases can cost some serious coin.

Why not transport the flat screens in the boxes they came in? ....

I LOVE Gator Cases by the way....They are well built, and last a very long time. Every Gator Case I have ever owned was a solid purchase. I am about to purchase a $30 Zip Up Gator Case for my Alto 6 channel mixer I just purchased.

I've been using Arriba soft bags for several years with great luck just bought a couple of more about a month ago

We have a remote booth at the station and it comes in a wheeled carrying case. My guess is it could hold a 55-60 inch TV. If I recall the case wasn't that expensive. I'll look at it in the morning and see if there's any info

...Why not transport the flat screens in the boxes they came ...

OK... I admit it. I'm a snob![emoji1] I've seen a DJ in this area who transports all his gear in their original worn, tattered, torn, and taped boxes. Looks like total SHI... unprofessional.[emoji1] When I show up at a gig with my matching black Gator Cases and bags, I ooze professionalism![emoji1] OK, usually nobody's there to notice my beautiful DJ luggage (since I arrive early for setup), but I know how good it looks, and it don't look nothin' like ratty ole boxes![emoji1]

Last edited:
OK, usually nobody's there to notice my beautiful DJ luggage (since I arrive early for setup), but I know how good it looks, and it don't look nothin' like ratty ole boxes!

Ha! Never heard it called luggage before. Made me laugh...

Reminds me of a Jeff Foxworthy quote saying his family showed up at the airport for a vacation using coolers and Piggly Wiggly bags as luggage...

Back in the early and mid 2000s, any and all lights that I purchased were transported in the boxes I bought them in. It also took my a while to purchase a Speaker Stand Bag. I would carry the stands in/out in my hands. I think I finally bought a bag in 2006.

Back in the early and mid 2000s, any and all lights that I purchased were transported in the boxes I bought them in.

Back when I started in 1989, I kept my 2 cassette players and 2 CD players in their original boxes.

When I think back to my original setups - even though I'm a tad OCD - I tend to cringe...

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Back when I started in 1989, I kept my 2 cassette players and 2 CD players in their original boxes.

When I think back to my original setups - even though I'm a tad OCD - I tend to cringe...

Seriously, I doubt if clients care very much about what you transport your gear in. As long as your setup is reasonably neat and attractive (very subjective), and your tattered boxes or bags are stowed out of sight before their guests arrive, it probably makes NO difference to anyone other than you how your gear is transported. I'm seriously OCD, and everything has to be (and look) perfect to my eye in order for me to be happy. If the client DOES care how things look when I unload my gear, then I'm confident they will be satisfied with the appearance of my baggage.[emoji1]

Last edited:
You've heard of Teabagger .. Bobcat is a TVBagger.

The problem I have with hard cases is the weight. Also, on the larger Flat screens the hard cases can cost some serious coin.

Why not transport the flat screens in the boxes they came in? ....

As far as the weight goes, that's why God invented casters and ramps. I'd guess my cable cases weight 200lbs. Easy to roll on a floor and I carry a Harbor Freight ramp that has held up OK over the last year, considering how cheap it was. I'm considering getting a second so I don't have to fully unload to move the ramp to go up a few steps into some of my venues.

I am currently transporting the TV I use at wedding shows in its original box. After six shows it's about toast. Time to look at something better.