Man F*** this weather!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
weather men here blew it -1 to 3 over night and 1-3 to follow..we got ZIP. then a dusting.

OH, last night? and now? 3-4" and 11f...and the roadcrews? ON break apparently.

On the school bus run this morning I was out for 2 hours - saw one plow truck, parked. NONE on the roads. ONE road was treated - the rest? I was the second or third set of tracks on the 3" of snow.

Ever slide a 23,000 lb bus? no steering and the brakes just do nothing..fun in a car..not so much in a bus.

weather men here blew it...

We had one of those this winter too... the weather persons forecast a big ice storm. They anticipated wide-spread power outages. The state and city announced closures the day before the storm was supposed to hit. I went out and bought a generator... something I had not done in the 20+ years I've lived here. Glad I did it, but was unnecessary... the BIG ice storm never happened. They tried to explain how they blew it, but it didn't matter. Schools, government offices, and businesses all shut down for no good reason. I bet it cost millions of dollars. What worries me is that the next time, people will not prepare appropriately because they don't trust the forecast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ittigger
it takes me 35 minutes to get to work and 35 back took 2 hrs yesterday. we got around 40 inches of snow now today the wind is starting to blow. I NEED a Drink

12" here .. on the lower side of the forecast .. but it was damn heavy. My snowblower got it's workout and so did my thighs from having to push/pull it into 2' drifts.

We had one of those this winter too... the weather persons forecast a big ice storm. They anticipated wide-spread power outages. The state and city announced closures the day before the storm was supposed to hit. I went out and bought a generator... something I had not done in the 20+ years I've lived here. Glad I did it, but was unnecessary... the BIG ice storm never happened. They tried to explain how they blew it, but it didn't matter. Schools, government offices, and businesses all shut down for no good reason. I bet it cost millions of dollars. What worries me is that the next time, people will not prepare appropriately because they don't trust the forecast.
Weather forecasters are like the guys hanging out in the bar at the end of the night big talkers with disappointing results

One time I heard someone say that being a weatherman/girl is the only professional job you could be in where you could consistently get it wrong and still collect a big paycheck without worry of losing your job.

Last edited:
12" here .. on the lower side of the forecast .. but it was damn heavy. My snowblower got it's workout and so did my thighs from having to push/pull it into 2' drifts.

I work about 3.5 miles from my house. I was mad one day last week because for some reason there were 6 cars in front of me at a stop sign to turn left, and it added about 90 more seconds to my trip...then the light after that turned red about 2 seconds too soon and I couldn't get through it...Had to wait another 60 seconds for it to turn Green. Damn light! Took me a whole 13 minutes to get to work that day. This morning it took me just over 9 minutes :D

I work about 3.5 miles from my house. I was mad one day last week because for some reason there were 6 cars in front of me at a stop sign to turn left, and it added about 90 more seconds to my trip...then the light after that turned red about 2 seconds too soon and I couldn't get through it...Had to wait another 60 seconds for it to turn Green. Damn light! Took me a whole 13 minutes to get to work that day. This morning it took me just over 9 minutes :D
3.5 miles you need a bicycle my last dealership job was 11 miles I biked to work a lot

Other than the occasional conference or event that I have to travel to, most of my business travel is down 2 flights of stairs and the only traffic is when the cat decides to lay in the doorway.

It does suck. I got to get my windshield wipers fixed. The motor might be gone. Too lazy to remove the snow it stopped working properly. That cost me money. I won't be lazy next time. A bunch of ice fell from the roof onto the windshield. Good thing the windshield didn't crack.

12 inches of snow??? ... that's more than our average for the entire winter![emoji1] I remember we got 4" in one day once, but I really don't recall getting any more than that here in one storm. The 4" had the city shut down for days!

We had one last year that was almost 3 feet...
and a 3-day DOOZY of a storm in the late 90's that was even bigger.
(the entire area was pretty much shut down)

:laugh:
We had one last year that was almost 3 feet...
and a 3-day DOOZY of a storm in the late 90's that was even bigger.
(the entire area was pretty much shut down)
Guess I could move back to Florida... that's where I grew up. I remember it snowed there one time... in 1958.:laugh: We were in school and the teacher let us go outside to see it because most of us had never seen snow. The flakes melted as they hit the ground.:laugh: HEY!!!... ALL OF YOU... stop doing the math!!!:laugh:

Guess I could move back to Florida... that's where I grew up. I remember it snowed there one time... in 1958.:laugh: We were in school and the teacher let us go outside to see it because most of us had never seen snow. The flakes melted as they hit the ground.:laugh: HEY!!!... ALL OF YOU... stop doing the math!!!:laugh:

That there is a letting the kids experience SCIENCE in action.

My daughter now lives in California, and came home for Christmas with her boyfriend.
He's lived in Cali all his life, and had to buy a winter jacket just for the trip.
Too bad it didn't snow while he was here, I woulda loved to see the look on his face!

Well..here in PA we have no aligators so the wildlife won't eat you, rarely a hurricane and then only the rain, not the wind that will huff and puff and blow your life's accumulations away.

In FLA you hide indoors for half they year almost like we do here - from the heat and humidity instead of the cold and snow.

Well..here in PA we have no aligators so the wildlife won't eat you, rarely a hurricane and then only the rain, not the wind that will huff and puff and blow your life's accumulations away.

In FLA you hide indoors for half they year almost like we do here - from the heat and humidity instead of the cold and snow.

Then settle for a compromise? Myrtle Beach, South Carolina! :twocents:

...Wife, Son and I are going there for Spring Break utilizing our time share! 5 nights/6 days...I can't wait for 80 degrees and sunshine in April! Looking forward to it!

... In FLA you hide indoors for half they year almost like we do here - from the heat and humidity instead of the cold and snow.

Everybody hides indoors now, almost everywhere. Kids have to be in the air conditioning. When I grew up in Florida, we were outdoors most of the time. Yes it was hot and humid, but if you're swimming you don't care so much. And you adapt to the heat and humidity. We wore shorts... that's all. And we swam in the buff. Kids can't do that anymore.

I used to hear the same complaints when I lived in Houston. The humidity never bothered me there either. Mosquito bites... I'm immune.[emoji1] Most people get a big red itchy welt... not me. I get a little irritation and then it's gone in a couple of minutes. It's from spending all that time in the swamps in Florida when I was a kid. Got bit so many times I became immune.

We did have alligators and water moccasins, and wild boar, and all kinds of other varmints, but I never got bit or injured by any. Only injuries were from being thrown from my horse or falling out of a tree.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does suck. I got to get my windshield wipers fixed. The motor might be gone. Too lazy to remove the snow it stopped working properly. That cost me money. I won't be lazy next time. A bunch of ice fell from the roof onto the windshield. Good thing the windshield didn't crack.

You do know that being too lazy and not wiping off the snow causes dangerous situations - and that this is also ticketable, right?

Reactions: Jeff Romard

VA / MD / PA, we have bears - and they will bite / eat you.

Well, you live among wimps then maybe.
A friend had a black bear on her back porch and back yard, she's home alone with two toddler types, so she calls the cops. In some towns this makes the news. Here? "Ma'am, just wait a few minutes and he'll move on"

VA / MD / PA, we have bears - and they will bite / eat you.