The Official Introductions Thread

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Seymour, I used to work for Music in Motion

Dang you and Steve are almost neighbours :)

Welcome to the board Carl

Reactions: steve149 and Carl
We are what they call Valley Guys (the Naugatuck Valley), though I grew up outside of the Valley in Cheshire.

Reactions: Carl and DJ Bobcat
@Carl .. you're welcome to give me a call if you need help in new gear. I do the DJing mostly for fun, but I spend enough time keeping up with what's out there.

Welcome aboard new comers and welcome back returnees. I'm always at your service should you decide to ever reach out.

Personal advice? Always free. DJ advice? Will barter for Absolut vodka.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
@Carl .. you're welcome to give me a call if you need help in new gear. I do the DJing mostly for fun, but I spend enough time keeping up with what's out there.

Thanks Steve, I'm good enough for now. Picked up a pair of zlx15's and a NI s4 controller. With the stuff I had left over from back in the day I get by for what I have to do for my sons school. I'm still adjusting from cds to digital. Like I said I'm donating my time and skill, albeit rusty, just for school fundraisers. Let's me play with my toys without any stress[emoji106], plus my 8yo thinks I'm cool for a couple of hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: steve149
Hey everyone, finally made my way back here (haven't posted on here since 2011...). Seems like these forums are pretty active so I'm looking forward to learning and offering as much as I can. For those that don't know me I'm a full time DJ based out of NJ with clientele mostly in NJ, NY, PA, but have also had the pleasure of performing in just over 10 different states in my short career. Please feel free to visit my site to see what I'm all about www.djtaso.com and my videos from my events to see a peek of what we do www.vimeo.com/djtaso

Hi Taso welcome back. You'll probably see a lot of familiar faces here. Things are pretty laid back here feel free to jump right in

Welcome Taso.

Hey Guys,

I am a club DJ turned Mobile DJ due to moving to another state and too old to get back in the club scene.

I have over 15 years of DJing Experience, but only about a year and a half of Mobile Djing.

I started with 2 belt drive turntables and a crappy mixer, moved to a cheap pair of direct drive tts, then finally sprung for some Stanton STR8 - 150s and a nice stanton mixer. Played vinyl for a few years then got a DVS. I was blown away... It showed you the BPM.

Now I have a Numark ns6 and a laptop. For gigs I don't have to mix at, I have a simple 3 channel mixer and a laptop just for playing out.

I have also been producing breakbeat tracks using FL Studio for about 6 months.

Hey Guys,

I am a club DJ turned Mobile DJ due to moving to another state and too old to get back in the club scene.

I have over 15 years of DJing Experience, but only about a year and a half of Mobile Djing.

I started with 2 belt drive turntables and a crappy mixer, moved to a cheap pair of direct drive tts, then finally sprung for some Stanton STR8 - 150s and a nice stanton mixer. Played vinyl for a few years then got a DVS. I was blown away... It showed you the BPM.

Now I have a Numark ns6 and a laptop. For gigs I don't have to mix at, I have a simple 3 channel mixer and a laptop just for playing out.

Welcome aboard N/A .. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Hey Guys,

Welcome to our forum N/A... You're in the right place. We're all not applicable here.[emoji1] Most won't admit it.[emoji1]

Hello everyone. My name is Jason i am from New Orleans, LA. I started djing in my bedroom back in 1995. Mainly just playing around with some house speakers and a mixer i bought from Radio Shack. I got really into it. So in 2001, i started a mobile djing company doing a variety of gigs. I started out with just some cheap equipment and two ADJ CD players. The more gigs i got the more i upgraded my equipment and improved my abilities. Fast forward to 2016 I have now brought on my dad as a second dj and partner. He has been djing on and off for the past 35 years. He is a big help with understanding older crowds. This is something we do part time as we both work for engineering firms full time. I love music and entertaining people and thats what drives me to keep going.

Welcome to ODJT Jason

Reactions: GroovesDJ504
Welcome to ODJT. Based on your timeline in the mobile DJ biz, you're not a rookie but there is probably some dampness behind your ears. Looking forward to helping you out where possible, assuming the dampness hasn't clogged your hearing as well.

We have another well established and knowledgeable fella from N'Orlins whom you'll probably be getting to know quite soon.