Whats your style of music

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I never said its about me, we as DJs have access to all kinds of music and some of them have a very catchy beat that some people have never heard so would you play them
That's when you have a crowd that's open minded and not just stuck on only the songs they have heard time and time again. Those crowds are my favorite. I have certain songs that I'm tired of playing or songs that I never liked from day one. Yet they still get played even though I want to throw up. I do this because it's my job and it's what I must do. UGH!

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I love playing "OH MY GOSH" songs.
The songs you know and love, but somehow forgot about until I play it at a gig.
(especially those cheesy one-hit-wonder, AM radio songs)
When you eventually realize what it is...you yell,
"OH MY GOSH! I haven't heard this song in years!"

I love playing "OH MY GOSH" songs.
The songs you know and love, but somehow forgot about until I play it at a gig.
(especially those cheesy one-hit-wonder, AM radio songs)
When you eventually realize what it is...you yell,
"OH MY GOSH! I haven't heard this song in years!"

I've used this one and That's Rock and Roll many times just for that effect :)

And then I got married.

That generally kills all the fun :)

From a personal standpoint I like Classic Rock and Alternative Country Steve Earle being my Favourite

Reactions: Ausumm
Reactions: steve149
I'm a huge fan of the OMG songs to, throwback that were popular but long forgotten I love the the look on people's faces when the floor is packed and you throw one of those on and the energy gets even higher

I can relate to the "OMG" response to songs that I play, but what really takes the cake is when you've played that "OMG" song, cue up the next song and somebody comes up to you and asks to play a song which the one you are playing reminded them of. I tell them "I'm one step ahead of you" and point to my cued up song which is the same one they came up to request. When that happens you know that you're in the "Zone".

Since I'm one of the older DJ on this board, my music frame of reference goes back to the early 50's and early country, not to mention Soul and Motown. I am also a fan of any current music that is danceable. Lately, I've found myself going back in time to the 80's...in my opinion, another great decade of music as the 50's and 60's. It's danceable and the ballads were quite good, too. A couple of my favorites, "Lady In Red" - Chris Deburgh, and "Drive" - The Cars. I even like many Latin tunes (current and of the last 10 years); "Lean On Me" by Prince Royce (Bachata), "La Vida Es Un Carnaval" by Ceclia Cruz (Salsa), and "Me Voy De Party" by Los Nuevos Sabrosos (Merengue) and "Danza Kudro" by Don Omar and Lucenzo (Latin Pop/Dance). I'm also a fan of Beach & Shag music that is generic to the Carolinas, in particular "Lady Soul" by The Temptations and "Carolina Girls" by General Johnson and Chairmen of the Board, and "Nine Times A Man" by Mason Casey.

Reactions: ittigger
Last edited: